[SOLVED] No sound

Resolved mintyPi issues go here. Search this section first before creating a new support thread!
Thealexbeast

Re: No sound

Post by Thealexbeast » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Yes power is from micro USB. The screen is working as are the buttons. I am able to navigate the menus in retropie using the PCB and button membranes. Im going back and checking my GPIOs now. 5v should have continuity to VCC correct?

Also, looking at this image again, Is the GPIO on the bottom right supposed to be soldered? and if so where is it being tested?

Thanks for all your responses!

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:36 pm

if your screen and buttons are working you should have good continuity on the 5v and ground pads (yes 5v and VCC should have continuity). If not the screen would not work either. The square pin on the pi, then no it does not need to be soldered.

Seems like you may have a bad sound card for whatever reason....

Thealexbeast

Post by Thealexbeast » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:52 pm

GOT IT!!!!! I believe there were just a series of bad solders on my wires from the sound card to the PCB. I redid most of them, verified continuity, and BAM, booted up and heard the retropie jingle and sudomod beat!!!!

THank you so much robocop for helping me troubleshoot! Time to put this thing in the tin!!!

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Awesome! Glad to help!!!