[RESOLVED] Emulation Station Settings not saving

Resolved mintyPi issues go here. Search this section first before creating a new support thread!
Caver01

[RESOLVED] Emulation Station Settings not saving

Post by Caver01 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 am

I finished my build, used the MintyPi image downloaded May 18th. Now I am trying to tweak settings. For example, I like the MintyPi theme, so I set ES to use that. Then I disabled QUICKSYSTEM SELECT, and tried setting the START ON SYSTEM to nes. All good. . . but when I close down and restart all of my ES settings are back to default. What is going on? The image does not seem to want to save any ES setting changes. Thoughts?

This is exactly the kind of weirdness that I really cannot ask on the RetroPie forum, as the answer will be "don't use 3rd party images"--advice I have often given folks myself. I am thinking maybe it is a permissions issue perhaps? Is anyone else seeing this?
Last edited by Caver01 on Wed May 29, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Emulation Station Settings not saving

Post by Helder » Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pm

There is a known bug in the settings we are aware of that will be fixed using the mintypi update feature. I can't give you an ETA on the release of it but I'll look into it for you.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Caver01

Post by Caver01 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Fair enough. Thanks for acknowledging the issue. I am happy to test when needed.

Pelltj03

Post by Pelltj03 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:23 am

Enter this into a terminal if you are able:

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R pi:pi /opt/retropie/configs 
That should reset permissions and save settings on reboot. Make sure you do a safe shutdown as well!

Caver01

Post by Caver01 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:33 pm

@Pelltj03 that worked! Thanks. I figured it was a permissions issue.

Marked this as RESOLVED, but this is a fix that should be incorporated into a script for MintyPi update.