Minty Pi Without Battery

Resolved mintyPi issues go here. Search this section first before creating a new support thread!
Rakanel

Minty Pi Without Battery

Post by Rakanel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Am I able to run the minty pi without a better but plugged into the USB-C? It wont boot when I do, but it will boot from the USB port on the pi. The battery wont be here for a week or two.

When trying to power without a battery in, the screen flashed white for a few seconds then the whole thing powers down.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Minty Pi Without Battery

Post by Helder » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:51 pm

The boost chip which powers everything requires the amperage of the battery so if there is no battery then there isn't enough power to power it all.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Rakanel

Re: Minty Pi Without Battery

Post by Rakanel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:26 am

Helder wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:51 pm
The boost chip which powers everything requires the amperage of the battery so if there is no battery then there isn't enough power to power it all.
Ahh thanks for the reply! I guess I will play the waiting game.