[3D Print Request] Nintendo switch dock mod case

Need help with or have a question about your 3d printer? Ask it here!
Ganreizu

[3D Print Request] Nintendo switch dock mod case

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Hello!

I was hoping I could pin this idea on this forum and see if anyone who knows how to make this happen might like the project and send me their design. :lol:

So the nintendo switch dock. It's a lot of plastic casing dedicated for a vertical placement kind of thing which is capable of doing cosmetic damage to the system on top of being less convenient to travel with as a result. This man here took the board inside the switch and made this kind of casing with an extension usb-c to make life much better by cutting the size of the system. Here is a great teardown of the dock. It is extremely easy to remove the board and whatnot so if there was a 3D print for a case people could increase the portability of their systems and would damage their system less.

Or maybe print this for me?

Thank you :D

SKay

Re: [3D Print Request] Nintendo switch dock mod case

Post by SKay » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Ganreizu wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm
Or maybe print this for me?
Have you tried using websites specializing in printing stuff? Maybe it'll just be easier and faster, you know. I liked this one, worked pretty well.

Ganreizu

Re: [3D Print Request] Nintendo switch dock mod case

Post by Ganreizu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:32 pm

SKay wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 pm
Have you tried using websites specializing in printing stuff? Maybe it'll just be easier and faster, you know. I liked this one, worked pretty well.
I ended up doing that but for a different model. It was $50.

They now sell portable docks with much nicer plastic and more ports for less than $25. :P I still use the 3D printed one.