3D Printing: Back Button Assembly with Fan Vent

Need help with or have a question about your 3d printer? Ask it here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: 3D Printing: Back Button Assembly with Fan Vent

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:21 am

I like the 3d convex buttons, it looks good. Is there any way to get a measurement of the center of the button holes? My idea was to possibly have 1 pcb with 2 tactile switches on it instead of a single one per button and knowing that distance can help. Maybe have the model with pcb and switch mounted on the pcbs and measure the center to center that way.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

chiz

Post by chiz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 am

@Helder
I modified the design once again to make it a single PCB, which I agree is easier from a manufacturing standpoint.

With the dimensions given, does this help give you an idea of the placement? Can you elaborate how measuring "center to center" mean so I can get the additional measurements shown?

Btw, those requesting for a copy of the 3D file (Sketchup), you may download it here.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:45 am

Center to center was for the center of the top button (3d printed button not tactile) and to the center of the bottom button.

This way it'll be easy to get dimensions for button placement (tactile).
While you're at it measure from edge of board to the center of the button.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

LeonAtesh

Post by LeonAtesh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Do you all think it might be easier to make the back all one solid piece? That way you could add a little depth to the case if needed. Or would that be to hard to 3d print?

username 123

Post by username 123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:38 am

I'll be getting a 3D printer soon and don't mind trying this design for my next build. This is perfect for those who use pi3/2 and want to play psx games.

Flowlance

Post by Flowlance » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:36 pm

What about harvesting this piece from an old ps2 controller? Looks similar

username 123

Post by username 123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Flowlance wrote:What about harvesting this piece from an old ps2 controller? Looks similar
You could do that but this design will have screw posts and besides, it has so much potential.

Thommy86

Post by Thommy86 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Is there any update regarding this development? Seems really nice. I am still looking for the best way to make nice back bottons.

clayborne

Post by clayborne » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Might consider moving these to the battery box. I built something similar using the shoulder buttons from an original PSX. They were going to mount on the outside of the case, but once I got them built the ergonomics were so horrible I ditched the Idea. If they make it in my build they will be sunk inside the case, or on the battery cover.

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:32 am

When I get a 3d printer in the next few months. I have that will try prototyping something similar that I am currently working on. Will post if they work out.