PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
Post Reply
User avatar
neolith
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 160 times

PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by neolith » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:24 am

This is a simple bracket for a PSP1000 analog thumbstick.
I couldn't test this myself as I don't own a printer, but it should work. :lol: Maybe it is of use to someone.

Image
Image

Glue the bracket to the shell, remove the mounts on the thumbstick (the stick doesn't fit the shell without modification anyways) and glue the thumbstick into the bracket. Make sure to apply glue only to the non-moving parts!
HOW TO MODIFY THE THUMBSTICKShow
Remove the red parts.
Image
If you need a model of the thumbstick itself, you can get one here.

–––
DOWNLOADSShow
If you need formats not listed here, please post in this thread and I'll see if I can add them.

2018 08 05 – v3
.F3D, .SAT, .SKP, .STEP & .STL
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

User avatar
mrdude42
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:04 am
Location: New York City
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Contact:

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by mrdude42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks! I definitely want to give this a try.

FanboyFiles
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by FanboyFiles » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Sorry to necro this thread, but is this part still around somewhere? The link doesn't seem to work.

Also, the part created by neolith in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4420

User avatar
neolith
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by neolith » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:02 am

FanboyFiles wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:59 pm
Sorry to necro this thread, but is this part still around somewhere? The link doesn't seem to work.

Also, the part created by neolith in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4420
The download in this thread seems to work just fine for me. Maybe the server was down when you tried to download it. Could you try again?

The download in the other thread is correct when I try to edit my post, but seems to get rendered invalid by the forum software. I don't know why that happens, sorry. :?
This is the original URL:

Code: Select all

www.renderwahn.net/upload/sudomod/analog_stick_clip/analog_stick_clip_v01.rar
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

FanboyFiles
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by FanboyFiles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am

Thanks for that link for the other thread. And the link in this one is now working too! :)

Have there been any other solutions for replacing the dpad with a stick (printable or otherwise)? I've seen people like VeteranGamer drill a big hole to replace the dpad but noone else using inserts like yours.

User avatar
neolith
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by neolith » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:17 am

FanboyFiles wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am
Thanks for that link for the other thread. And the link in this one is now working too! :)

Have there been any other solutions for replacing the dpad with a stick (printable or otherwise)? I've seen people like VeteranGamer drill a big hole to replace the dpad but noone else using inserts like yours.
Glad to hear it's working! :)

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other attempts to replace the D-Pad, but I must admit that I have not searched for something like that over the last few years. If you haven't found anything on the forums you could try asking on discord. Maybe someone else found or made something.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

FanboyFiles
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by FanboyFiles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:35 pm

neolith wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:17 am
FanboyFiles wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am
Thanks for that link for the other thread. And the link in this one is now working too! :)

Have there been any other solutions for replacing the dpad with a stick (printable or otherwise)? I've seen people like VeteranGamer drill a big hole to replace the dpad but noone else using inserts like yours.
Glad to hear it's working! :)

Unfortunately I am not aware of any other attempts to replace the D-Pad, but I must admit that I have not searched for something like that over the last few years. If you haven't found anything on the forums you could try asking on discord. Maybe someone else found or made something.
I can see myself doing a hybrid where I drill the dpad hole out on the GB shell, and also plane cut the dpad insert off your bracket before printing.

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) have any photos of one of yours installed?

User avatar
neolith
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: PSP thumbstick bracket to replace D-pad

Post by neolith » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:57 am

FanboyFiles wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:35 pm
I can see myself doing a hybrid where I drill the dpad hole out on the GB shell, and also plane cut the dpad insert off your bracket before printing.

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) have any photos of one of yours installed?
At least I don't, sorry. I don't own a printer and I didn't make the models for myself in the first place.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest