Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
sixteenbit

Re: Glue Less Support Bracket for Kite's Mode/Power Switch Board

Post by sixteenbit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am

this is exactly what i was needing. Thank you!

ZahcStarKiller

Post by ZahcStarKiller » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:09 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:07 pm
Just when I thought you couldn't do anything to top your already stellar lineup of components, you drop this bomb on us :D
Haha, thanks!

Wait till you see my next idea. I’m working on a fan mount I think plenty are going to like :D Stay tuned!!!
I’m already in for one!

Italian77

Post by Italian77 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Are you going to sell these as well for those who do not have a 3D printer?
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 am

Italian77 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 pm
Are you going to sell these as well for those who do not have a 3D printer?
I don’t have an official sales thread for it but if you need it printed just PM me. I’ll be happy to help you out. :D

Italian77

Post by Italian77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am

Ok. I Just sent you a PM. Thank you.
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm

HoolyHoo, just wanted to let you know I received the bracket and it turned out awesome. I did switch a few things up on it though. I removed the tab with the mounting screw hole in it on the bigger bracket of the two. I then used some m2x10mm pan head screws and ran them through the case with the head of the screw in the cartridge area and nuts on the inside. Whatever I put in the cartridge bay will cover the screw heads up. Then I installed the smaller bracket on the mode switch and it fit like a glove! Man is this setup solid! This made it possible to use a regular DMG length screw on the mode switch support also. That combined with your 4 button soft tactile bracket has made it possible to do a NO HOT GLUE build! I hate hot glue. Oh, and I used 2mm vhb tape on my HoolyHoo PSP1000 screen bracket and it held so well that the case was flexing as I tightened the center screws. Just a couple quick questions though. What did you do for a heatsink on the cm3 in your circuit sword build. The included heatsink is interfered with by the 4 button board some. Also, how is the fan cartridge project going? Really looking forward to another clean solution!

gilbertotron

Post by gilbertotron » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:39 am

Hey smoothoperator, I'd love to see some pictures of what you've done, its sounds sweet.
Getting it difficult to picture exactly what you mean from your description alone. Thanks

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:45 am

smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm
HoolyHoo, just wanted to let you know I received the bracket and it turned out awesome. I did switch a few things up on it though. I removed the tab with the mounting screw hole in it on the bigger bracket of the two. I then used some m2x10mm pan head screws and ran them through the case with the head of the screw in the cartridge area and nuts on the inside. Whatever I put in the cartridge bay will cover the screw heads up. Then I installed the smaller bracket on the mode switch and it fit like a glove! Man is this setup solid! This made it possible to use a regular DMG length screw on the mode switch support also. That combined with your 4 button soft tactile bracket has made it possible to do a NO HOT GLUE build! I hate hot glue. Oh, and I used 2mm vhb tape on my HoolyHoo PSP1000 screen bracket and it held so well that the case was flexing as I tightened the center screws. Just a couple quick questions though. What did you do for a heatsink on the cm3 in your circuit sword build. The included heatsink is interfered with by the 4 button board some. Also, how is the fan cartridge project going? Really looking forward to another clean solution!
I have not finished my build 100% yet but my initial test did not show interference. I did make the back button PCB a bit shorter in the newer version. Not sure which one you got. They have lower profile heat sinks which could be an option also. :). Fan is almost done. Just finishing a few tweaks.

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:18 am

gilbertotron wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:39 am
Hey smoothoperator, I'd love to see some pictures of what you've done, its sounds sweet.
Getting it difficult to picture exactly what you mean from your description alone. Thanks
I'll be taking my build back apart soon to replace my joystick that is not operating correctly and I will take some pictures then. Been so busy with work lately I haven't had a chance to mess with it. The only time I can get on the forums here is at work :lol:

Fish17

Post by Fish17 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 pm

smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm
I'm making a transparent build and the screen bracket is the only part that still require glue. Transparent VHB tape sounds like a great idea, what kind did you use? I found some on Amazon but not all tape is created equal.

How's it holding up?