What kind of projects would you like to see next?

Got suggestions, feedback, praise, etc.? Post it here!
Fox

Re: What kind of projects would you like to see next?

Post by Fox » Thu May 12, 2016 6:37 am

chris wrote:
johnweland wrote:I'd like to see an original GBA style build (but with A,B,X,Y buttons) Image

I have a Pi Zero sitting here and a spare case for the GBA as I replaced the shell of my GBA a while back.
I would also like to see a tutorial on doing a GBA version.

IF you could somehow make an easy to follow tutorial to fit it in a GBA SP, I would like that even more, but that looks like it would be a crazy challenge for even an advanced builder.

Other projects, I would like to see a PS2 slim console using a larger, easier to find Pi that maybe uses PS2 controllers using the original ports (if possible/easy, otherwise USB controller ports are cool).

I'd like to see a custom arcade style build with joysticks and big arcade buttons.
I don't know if this works or if it's comfortable, but here is different way to add buttons that I thought of: It would change the identity of a couple buttons, for instance, 'A' would be the one on the bottom now.
Attachments
Game_Boy_Advance Buttons.png
Game_Boy_Advance Buttons.png (301.87 KiB) Viewed 15513 times

johnweland

Post by johnweland » Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 am

Well I mean you'd be modding it anyway why not 'bondo' the button area and re-seat the buttons

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Thu May 12, 2016 7:29 am

johnweland wrote:Well I mean you'd be modding it anyway why not 'bondo' the button area and re-seat the buttons
Or just get yourself a 3d printed new front case.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 am

There was a ton left to be desired from Nintendo's Virtual Boy, but with all the new VR hype, it could be interesting to see something along those lines for a retro flashback.

johnweland

Post by johnweland » Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 am

Kilren wrote:There was a ton left to be desired from Nintendo's Virtual Boy, but with all the new VR hype, it could be interesting to see something along those lines for a retro flashback.

That could be rad, though the last time I saw a VB they were spendy

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 am

johnweland wrote:
Kilren wrote:There was a ton left to be desired from Nintendo's Virtual Boy, but with all the new VR hype, it could be interesting to see something along those lines for a retro flashback.

That could be rad, though the last time I saw a VB they were spendy
Truth. I would expect more of a replication from third party sellers than an OEM system though to reduce costs. They're pretty scarce to boot.

Arnulfo

Post by Arnulfo » Thu May 12, 2016 4:24 pm

I personally would love to see some retro-gaming console that incorporates the RP3 and its Bluetooth capabilities. Something portable that i can play and/or hook to tv.

Being able to connect wii-motes for a true multiplayer game... maybe moding the NES64 console for this. Without altering the original look of it.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:56 am

I would like to see either a a sonas like speaker, which also holds a hdd and can stream radio using software like Pi MusicBox.

Or some form of camera that takes pictures or videos when it detects movement. To use it in the garden.

SudoNinja

Post by SudoNinja » Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 am

I would love to see a build with the Raspberry Pi 3, I use mine for all kids of builds, but the one I am most proud of is the Pi Station, Which is where I seated the Raspberry Pi within a Playstation 1 and used a usb adapter to solder the Original controller ports so there was no need for a teensy and I have a working emulation station console that accepts USB and PS1/PS2 controllers.
Anyways back to the point haha, I would love to see a Pi 3 Project for some power play.

-Sam

P.S. The Pi 3 is better stocked than the Pi 0 haha.

Robvp

Post by Robvp » Fri May 13, 2016 10:59 am

The problem with the Pi 3 for portables is that it uses up too much juice and generates more heat.

Home consoles are more likely to happen but those are a dime a dozen