What kind of projects would you like to see next?

Got suggestions, feedback, praise, etc.? Post it here!
Robvp

Re: What kind of projects would you like to see next?

Post by Robvp » Sat May 14, 2016 9:25 am

Kurai Kitsune wrote:How about the original PSP 1000?
I've taken my old one apart, removed the UMD drive, and there seems to be quite a bit of space there for a Pi Zero.
The circuitry is much smaller than the GB of course
Psp go would be nice too, finding the right lcds for it could be a challenge though, or an lcd controller for the psp's lcd

jonas_g

Post by jonas_g » Sat May 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Robvp wrote:The problem with the Pi 3 for portables is that it uses up too much juice and generates more heat.
I don't know much about the battery problem but the heat issue could be solved.

Consider making a custom case (frankencasing) like those guy's do when making console portables then you have lot's of options (in other words room for solving heating issues).

chmcbain

Post by chmcbain » Sat May 14, 2016 1:43 pm

I would like to see a mintyPi build in steps with a components list and videos. I am thinking about doing a similar build and a guide would be awesome.
:D

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 14, 2016 4:39 pm

jonas_g wrote: Consider making a custom case (frankencasing) like those guy's do when making console portables then you have lot's of options (in other words room for solving heating issues).
Maybe even 3D modelling, I would love to see that! :D

toiletpaper69

Post by toiletpaper69 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:32 am

I would like to see a build using a Sega Nomad. I have a couple of broken Nomads I would like to do something with. The Nomad should be easier to work with since it is bigger and has 6 buttons on the front already. It would be great for a Pi2 and bigger batteries for extended play. I plan on building one in the future but I'm just not ready yet.

Robvp

Post by Robvp » Sun May 15, 2016 7:12 pm

toiletpaper69 wrote:I would like to see a build using a Sega Nomad. I have a couple of broken Nomads I would like to do something with. The Nomad should be easier to work with since it is bigger and has 6 buttons on the front already. It would be great for a Pi2 and bigger batteries for extended play. I plan on building one in the future but I'm just not ready yet.
I tought about the nomad, but the units are kinda rare, lucky you to have a couple of broken ones :P

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sun May 15, 2016 7:29 pm

toiletpaper69 wrote:I would like to see a build using a Sega Nomad. I have a couple of broken Nomads I would like to do something with. The Nomad should be easier to work with since it is bigger and has 6 buttons on the front already. It would be great for a Pi2 and bigger batteries for extended play. I plan on building one in the future but I'm just not ready yet.
I've thought about the nomad - it would make a great case for it, tons of room for a full size Pi and big battery (could even use that battery backpack thing!). Mine still works though and there's no way I'm gutting that thing. :D Given how rare they are period, I wonder how hard it is to find a broken one... Hmm..
ImageImageImageImage

HUg0005

Post by HUg0005 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:04 am

wermy wrote:
I've thought about the nomad - it would make a great case for it, tons of room for a full size Pi and big battery (could even use that battery backpack thing!). Mine still works though and there's no way I'm gutting that thing. :D Given how rare they are period, I wonder how hard it is to find a broken one... Hmm..
I have had a look on ebay and here in Australia broken nomads are quite hard to come by and even the broken ones are expensive. :(

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Mon May 16, 2016 1:28 am

Yeah, it's pretty expensive getting just about anything to Australia. Damn shipping costs... :cry:

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Mon May 16, 2016 7:42 am

crispy_tofu wrote:
jonas_g wrote: Consider making a custom case (frankencasing) like those guy's do when making console portables then you have lot's of options (in other words room for solving heating issues).
Maybe even 3D modelling, I would love to see that! :D
I really hope someday we can get 3D printed GBZ cases. (original colors first especially black then custom designs/colors!)