Startup Stuck on "Kiteretro' Logo

Get help with your VMµ build here!
Retrobob

Startup Stuck on "Kiteretro' Logo

Post by Retrobob » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Hello! Like the title states, I power on the Gem, and it stays on the Kiteretro logo. Turning it off, I have to turn the switch, and hit select, and it immediately goes off. Tried a different SD, and tried to put it back onto "Mode=Tester" with no change; just stays on the logo screen. Have left it on for around 10 minutes as a test, and no dice.

Tried redoing the solder points between the board and the Pi, but the connections seem to be ok. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

DynaMight

Re: Startup Stuck on "Kiteretro' Logo

Post by DynaMight » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 am

Is it a new build? If so I'm assuming its never worked?

I ordinally had a bridged connection on mine between one of the buttons and ground, it caused a lot of issuing including booting issues similar to that. Recheck the solder joints for continuity but also the surrounding pins to make sure they're not bridged. It's fairly easy to do as the PCB is quite thin and does bend/flex leading to solder pooling a little bit if not careful.

Retrobob

Post by Retrobob » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:55 pm

I appreciate that thought. I will try and remove the board from the Pi without damaging anything when I get the chance will update then

DynaMight

Post by DynaMight » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:37 pm

I wouldnt try to remove it, it'll be very tricky to do. Just check the connections, see if there is a bridge and use braid or desoldering gun if there is.