Shutdown/Startup Weirdness

ncdelrio

Shutdown/Startup Weirdness

Post by ncdelrio » Thu May 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Ok. I am able to boot into emulation station without any issue. However, I was only able get my board to boot by bridging two of the side contacts on the S2 spot. I originally had a momentary switch on here, but later determined that I could only get power if I was holding the switch down. Not sure where my problem is. I have to use the switch on the MOSFET board to power on and off. The top switch will terminate emulation station, but will not shutdown the power, such as the screen and led stay on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bluup

Re: Shutdown/Startup Weirdness

Post by Bluup » Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 am

Hey! This sounds like either the top main switch or the mosfet board in the lower left. I would reflow all your solder joints in those areas, that should solve things. If you're really struggling, I'll reflow the board in a reflow oven for you for free (just pay postage) as that should fix any solder joint issues.

ncdelrio

Post by ncdelrio » Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 am

Bluup wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 am
Hey! This sounds like either the top main switch or the mosfet board in the lower left. I would reflow all your solder joints in those areas, that should solve things. If you're really struggling, I'll reflow the board in a reflow oven for you for free (just pay postage) as that should fix any solder joint issues.
Well that fixed the switch issue and the S2 having to be bridged. Should it run some script on the screen when turning off? It seems to just turn off.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Fri May 03, 2019 8:49 am

does it cut the power or take a few seconds to shutdown?

ncdelrio

Post by ncdelrio » Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 am

Bluup wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:49 am
does it cut the power or take a few seconds to shutdown?
Seems like it cuts power. I have realized that I incorrectly purchased a SV MOFSET instead of the LV. So I have ordered a new one. I don't know if that would be the cause.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Fri May 03, 2019 3:02 pm

That will most likely be the cause as it operates at a higher voltage than the battery can provide.

ncdelrio

Post by ncdelrio » Fri May 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Bluup wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:02 pm
That will most likely be the cause as it operates at a higher voltage than the battery can provide.
Great I’ll update when I get it switched. I worked on it most of the day getting most of the kinks worked out. One thing I haven’t been able to work out is the audio not working. I get a lvls 10 failed to find mixer elements error when entering the audio raspi-config. Also, whenever I set the sounds settings to anything other than PCM it will only allow the level to be set to 0.

Thanks so much for all the help.

Robochris

Post by Robochris » Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 am

ncdelrio wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:39 pm
Ok. I am able to boot into emulation station without any issue. However, I was only able get my board to boot by bridging two of the side contacts on the S2 spot. I originally had a momentary switch on here, but later determined that I could only get power if I was holding the switch down. Not sure where my problem is. I have to use the switch on the MOSFET board to power on and off. The top switch will terminate emulation station, but will not shutdown the power, such as the screen and led stay on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I was really hoping bridging the s2 points would help mine but it didn’t. I just want signs of life. I can boot it fine by plugging power directly into the Pi but that’s the only way. It won’t do anything otherwise.