[SOLVED] Pocket PI FE mounting problems. Back button board/Main PCB

Bluup

Re: Pocket PI FE mounting problems. Back button board/Main PCB

Post by Bluup » Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 am

You're correct that the back bracket isn't meant to be pushed all the way to the back of the case. What happens is that it sits against the PCB itself. When you close it up and press the buttons through, the bracket will then sit flush against the PCB. You can add glue but I find it much easier not to, it's harder to put right once it's glued in!

Now those little screen tabs, I personally don't use them. Each case has slightly different tolerances so it can make it tricky to get the screen in. It's all included in case people have wonky screens after closing the case.

I would try without the magnets also, I found the game cart sits fine without them. The other option is use some tap to stick a battery underneath the back button board. The reason I say tape is that sometimes glue comes lose over time. You can then use the printed part that you were using originally on the back of the back button boards inside the cartridge.

I've added a shot to hopefully explain things more clearly.
SpoilerShow

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Sun May 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi @Bluup thanks again.

Oh ok, I didn't realize that it will be hold in place just by the board without glue.
Meanwhile I glued it in and finished the build, including a magnet but excluding double sided sticky tape for the glass screen cover.
I just can't find my role of 3m sticky tape for displays and screen covers that I have laying around somewhere.

Now I regret that I glued it in, since I don't like to glue something in case I have to remove it.
Anyways, it works.

What doesn't work and keeps me from playing is connecting to WLAN. I can't plug an OTG adapter into the Pis USB, not enough space. So I can't transfere Roms using an USB Stick either.
But I will open a new thread for that tomorrow with more details to the WiFi problem.

PS: could you or Konnor ask Rich if buying the right coloured buttons seperately would be possible? Man why didn't I write the right colour in my order comments...

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 am

A few people have reported that wifi problem! If you could just quickly outline what it is. I believe it's setting it inside the Retropie config itself? I normally use a WPA_supplicant file and that works perfectly. I'm releasing a new image soon so be good to get this wifi issue sorted, just need to understand what issues people are having first :)

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 am

ekilla wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:59 pm
Hi @Bluup thanks again.

Oh ok, I didn't realize that it will be hold in place just by the board without glue.
Meanwhile I glued it in and finished the build, including a magnet but excluding double sided sticky tape for the glass screen cover.
I just can't find my role of 3m sticky tape for displays and screen covers that I have laying around somewhere.

Now I regret that I glued it in, since I don't like to glue something in case I have to remove it.
Anyways, it works.

What doesn't work and keeps me from playing is connecting to WLAN. I can't plug an OTG adapter into the Pis USB, not enough space. So I can't transfere Roms using an USB Stick either.
But I will open a new thread for that tomorrow with more details to the WiFi problem.

PS: could you or Konnor ask Rich if buying the right coloured buttons seperately would be possible? Man why didn't I write the right colour in my order comments...
You can get them off Ali pretty cheap or even ebay. After all the kits have gone out I'm sure rich may have some spare but we need to make sure we have spares first

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 am
You can get them off Ali pretty cheap or even ebay. After all the kits have gone out I'm sure rich may have some spare but we need to make sure we have spares first
Already ordered them, thanks Konnor.

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Wed May 08, 2019 5:51 am

Bluup wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 am
A few people have reported that wifi problem! If you could just quickly outline what it is. I believe it's setting it inside the Retropie config itself? I normally use a WPA_supplicant file and that works perfectly. I'm releasing a new image soon so be good to get this wifi issue sorted, just need to understand what issues people are having first :)
Hi Bluup, it´s just that I can´t set it within the console like I thought I should be able. Like going to WiFi and set SSID and PW.
After making the WPA_supplicant file it just worked.

You know, I´m usually using Recalbox where everythig works just out of the box. No need to create any files or so.

EDIT: Oh and you should mention somewhere that SAMBA is removed. Coud maybe save some headaches :D

Bluup

Re: [SOLVED] Pocket PI FE mounting problems. Back button board/Main PCB

Post by Bluup » Wed May 08, 2019 7:45 am

Sorry! I'll make a mention of that on my website tonight. Honestly appreciate all this feedback!