chiz's GB Pi2

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Aiolia33Fr

Re: chiz's GB Pi2

Post by Aiolia33Fr » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:59 am

chiz wrote:Thanks for the rescue @Felder :D didn't have the time to make a diagram but yours is great!

@Aiolia33Fr
I have my wiring pretty muck like method A that Felder posted bit I suggest you try method B as well.
Yes. thank you (again) Fleder for your precious help.
I don't understand this part of diagram.
What is the conponent under the screen?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 9400 times

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Aiolia33Fr wrote:What is the conponent under the screen?
I believe that is the 5v Step Up that Felder needed for his screen because it would not run off of 5v. I could be wrong though.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:14 am

dirtybeagles wrote:
Aiolia33Fr wrote:What is the conponent under the screen?
I believe that is the 5v Step Up that Felder needed for his screen because it would not run off of 5v. I could be wrong though.
Yes, it is.
That is the Pololu 5v Step-Up module, because i am using a 640x480 Display, that needs around 8v and i was not able to modify this board, because the components are so tiny and close together, i would most certainly damage it.

Just ignore it and wire straight from the distribution board to your screen.
Once i got more time and can finish my project, i will post several diagrams for every kind of component.

chiz

Post by chiz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

To those following this thread and also intends to use a Raspberry Pi2 in their build, I've noticed that using this setup, the RPi2 is reaching 60+ degrees temperatures causing the system to freeze. Please consider a cooling solution in your build.

I started a different discussion on this overheating issue: RPi2 overheating thread.

I'm working on the best solution right now for my GB Pi2 and will report back.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm

chiz wrote:To those following this thread and also intends to use a Raspberry Pi2 in their build, I've noticed that using this setup, the RPi2 is reaching 60+ degrees temperatures causing the system to freeze. Please consider a cooling solution in your build.

I started a different discussion on this overheating issue: RPi2 overheating thread.

I'm working on the best solution right now for my GB Pi2 and will report back.
Do you already have venting slits and/or heat sinks? Does that seem to help?

Also what kind of fan are we able to run off our system? I was under the impression we're already pulling a lot of power so i don't know how much power fans draw and how reasonable it would be to include something crazy.
Jelly2 wrote:stupid exams
Lol what. It's the middle of the summer. Spammer no spamming.

jazzy

Post by jazzy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:47 am

Hi there Chiz,

I been in love with this build since you used the jewellery saw method for a nice finish, and those L & R buttons. I was hoping to achieve something similar in my build.

I wanted to ask was there a reason you positioned the L & R where the screw posts are? Couldn't they be positioned lower in between the screw posts and the battery cover?

(I need to check later but maybe the screen eats into that space on the other half of the shell anyway? so they have to be removed)

thanks

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:09 am

chiz wrote:Thanks, guys! :)

@Robots86, @SidSilver
I had to order a set of 2-pin JST connectors for the batteries I took from the power banks. The order came with both male and female connectors so I made an "extension wire" with the male connector in the PowerBoost and the female connector exposed through the hole I made in the battery compartment.
Hi do you remember what size the JST connection was specifically were they the micros at 1.25 or 2.0 or the 2.5? Thanks

WadeBrody

Post by WadeBrody » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:59 pm

When you cut your SNES knockoff's board, how did you reconnect the traces with the wires? It would be great if you could show how you did it! Thanks

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:43 am

Chiz,
I'm sorry if you posted this already and I missed it, but where did you get those JST cables & sockets from? That's exactly what I've been looking for!

otaola.franc

Post by otaola.franc » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:47 pm

chiz have you finaly solve the probel of the hdmi jack? where and how to place it?