All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Have an issue or problem or question hooking up the All In One PCB? Ask here and I or someone will assist you.

How to Wire up the Audio Output to Various Headphone Sockets:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 261#p12261

Known Issues with v1 board (shipped before 8/8/16) and V1.4

Issue: If no analog stick is connected, erratic signals can cause undesired motion to be
reported

Workaround: The chip needs to be reprogrammed, see this thread
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176 . (My experience is that if you can
get through the initial gamepad configuration in Emulation Station, subsequent erratic signals
will be ignored)

Issue: There is static on the speaker output

Workaround: Wrap a wire around the PWM audio wires coming from the Pi to the PWM Audio pads on the AIO and solder each end of the wire to a GND point on the AIO and Pi. This effectively creates shielding for the Audio which is prone to interference from all the other parts in the build.

Also add the line below to the config.txt file
disable_audio_dither=1

FAQ

1. How come the AIO gamepad is not being detected by Emulation Station?

a. 5V must be wired from the powerboost or your powerstrip and not from the pi
zero as it cannot provide enough power for the various chips on the AIO board.
b. Confirm that D+ is wired to pad 22 and D- is
wired to pad 23 on the pi zero and
check for any shorts between the pads while there is no power
c. Reinstall the RetroPie image of the OS (has worked for this issue many times)

2. Why am I not hearing any audio?
a. Ensure you have edited your config file as explained here (also at end of post)
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=480
b. Perform a basic speaker output check by connecting the speaker’s positive wire
to the speaker + pad and the speaker’s negative wire to the switch pad
c. Be sure you have a volume wheel soldered in and the pinout is correct, or best bet is to wire 2 jumper wires from Lin to Lout and Rin to Rout. This way the sound is sure to make it to the headphone socket and speaker.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=701
d. If you are using HDMI output to test AUDIO it will not work, all audio is redirected to the HDMI port when it's in use.

3. Why does my USB keyboard work but my USB wifi dongle is not being recognized?
a. This is likely due to interference, try twisting the D+ and D- wires
or strip the
wires from a factory made USB cable (e.g. from an old mouse or A to B cable)
b. As a workaround, add “dwc_otg.speed=1” (without quotes) to your cmdline.txt.
This limits USB speed to 1.1 (as apposed to 2.0) which tolerates more
interference. Use method 2 or method 3 to preconfigure your wifi network
settings ahead of time as setting the USB speed to 1.1 may prevent some
keyboards from working
https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Wifi
c. Try entering in the config.txt on a separate line "max_usb_current = 1", and reboot.
d. Add this whole string to the beginning of my "cmdline.txt" file (Thanks @Woodmill):

Code: Select all

dwc_otg.speed=1 dwc_otg.microframe_schedule=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fix_enable=1 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0
Some confirmed keyboards that worked with usb 1.1 from users are:
Logitech K400
Logitech K270
Aerb 2.4Ghz Wireless Mini Keyboard
DELL Model RT7D10

4. How come multiple button presses are registered when I only pressed the button once?
a. Clean the board and conductive button pads with isopropyl alcohol. Rubber membranes can often cause button issues so try find original or really good tested ones.
b. An issue with the HID library used in the gamepad code may cause the issue.
Please see the following guides for updated code and instructions on how to
flash it using either a USBasp programmer (preferred method if you have one) or
Arduino IDE

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1228

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176

Below are the config.txt file and cmdline.txt that has the Audio fixes and also the USB1.1 fix. Simply put them in the boot folder of your Pi formatted SD card.

config.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5am8ss7b7 ... config.txt

cmdline.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5rc0yvq4c ... mdline.txt

AIO 2.2 boards if they are damaged during shipment can be fixed using this image for reference, simple solder a wire from one colored point to the same colored point.

Another image for people burning and ripping pads off to follow for alternate points.

Another image for the headphone pinout.

Wiring Diagram for Boards 2.x:

Last edited by Helder on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

PotaTox

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by PotaTox » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Like I said, the board disconnects after 5 seconds. How can I reprogram it?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:29 pm

PotaTox wrote:Like I said, the board disconnects after 5 seconds. How can I reprogram it?
Disconnects on the PC? does it happen when it's trying to program? if so go follow the guide on how to program it as that is an issue with the bootloader. Get the $3 USBasp as it will make things much easier to program, and I have 10 on order to sell to whoever wants one and doesn't want to wait 2 weeks for China delivery. I don't have them yet so don't ask about them.

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Evolyze

Post by Evolyze » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:41 am

Hello,
Noob post incoming...
I plan to buy a new game boy case rather than destroy my working game boy.
If I buy your PCB what other hardware do I need to start my project? From my cross examination of wermys original guide and the wiring guide on the first page of the pre orders thread I need...

LCD
Battery
Raspberry pi zero
SD card cart reader
various wire
speaker
L + R , X + Y buttons
Usb power all in one
volume wheel board
on off switch
Tactile button for reset
NPN transistor

then two boards which I am not sure what they are, blue one connected (adafruit poweboost 1000c?) to battery and green square (popcornsgraceful shutdowns?) connected to the blue battery board and the raspberry pi zero

Would be fantastic if their is a guide planned for this new board, very excited to build.

Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:23 am

Thats about it right there. Wermy explained what this board covers so just remove those boards out of the equation and you have your answer, and the Cart slot and SD card for it is optional.

SwingeyP

Post by SwingeyP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:32 am

Still getting nowhere.

I have wired the V1.4 board as per the programming discussion. I used an old mouse lead.

Rebuilt retropie to SD card etc so as a clean fresh new boot.

connect board to pi. nada. not a sausage. I can't get the board to be recognised at all :-(

So, over to the windows 10 machine. Download all the files as per the programming thread. Unzip, install etc....

Connect the board. I get the windows didn't recognise popup.

Navigate to drivers directory as per instructions. Windows decides that the driver installed is the correct one (which is apparently no driver) as it doesn't show on any lists :-(

I don't know how to progress. Windows won't see the board. No driver installed for com port to connect to Arduino.

Normally these tings just plug and play but today it want's to drive me to my wits end.
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 488301 times
IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3405.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 488301 times
IMG_3408.JPG
IMG_3408.JPG (3.27 MiB) Viewed 488301 times
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#8000BF][b][size=85]https://www. ... b][/color][/size][/size]

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:48 am

Swap the green and white wires and that fix your problem.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:52 am

Helder Sorry to repeat a question that may have already been answered. The previous thread got a little complicated. I'm not using an analog stick so if I install the capacitors as instructed on the analog area will I still need to reprogram the board?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:04 am

Rod2D2 wrote:Helder Sorry to repeat a question that may have already been answered. The previous thread got a little complicated. I'm not using an analog stick so if I install the capacitors as instructed on the analog area will I still need to reprogram the board?
The fix stabilizes the analog reading a bit but it still has issues with random control movements. Best thing is to reprogram it either with the Arduino IDE and some luck with bootloader mode or a USBasp. If you ground the pads instead it's a little more stable, I'm going to see if using some resistors in place of the caps will have better results but in the end reprogramming it is the way to go and it's cheap to get a solid programmer.

day

Post by day » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:09 am

say I get the last version of the board, will it be possible to wire a second analog stick and 4 buttons on the back ? or should I need to add another board ?