[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
day

[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by day » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Update March 14, 2017 :
PRE ORDERS FOR BATCH 3 OPEN:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 379#p27379

Update February 13, 2017 :
Go here for more info on batch 3:
http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 150#p25108

Update October 19th :

GG1b1 & GG1b2 (see below for 'definition') are now out of stock. All items have been sold and are already under production and should be sent to me around October 28.

I will soon release the GG1b3 but it will need to reach a minimum order quantity prior to production. I will provide more details soon.
For that reason, I might directly launch the GG2b1 (new design 2, batch 1) very soon, please stay tuned.

Extra info : a GGBA1b1 (GBA edition) is under study and should be available for sale very soon as well.

Update October 11th :

GG1b1 (design 1 -see below-, batch 1) has reached the min order quantity on October 4th !! I placed my order with the supplier last week.
GG1b2 (design 1, batch 2) is still available for order, the buy button is below in 'original text' part, only few items are left.

I should receive the screens around the 28th of October (including both GG1b1 and GG1b2, as I ordered enough for both batches).
Will inspect them upon receipt and immediately send them to you guys. My packing station is still ready :)

Original text :
Hi guys !

So I have been working on a Gorilla Glass protection screen for the GBZ (DMG-01 case) and came out with the following specs :
  • 1mm of Third Generation Corning Gorilla Glass (thickness similar to original)
  • Silkscreen decorative surround/borders with a design that will be close to original look & feel, at least for the first batch (inspired by dominator's, see 3D model below)
dayGG.png
dayGG.png (61.08 KiB) Viewed 32040 times
FAQ:
To fix the screen on your case, you can use resin, epoxy, glue, Octopus Glue, or some 1mm wide double sided layer adhesive as the borders will hide it.

Some general info:
Gorilla Glass is great because it is more resistant to scratches, can survive more falls and hits, and would be stronger than normal glass for same 1mm thickness. Also, it is very clear, shiny and looks awesome ^^

Silkscreen on the protection screen means that the borders/surround will be 'screen printed' so that the final effect looks really close to the original protection screen.
Moreover it will last longer and won't peel as easily, since it will be printed on the screen and not 'scotched'.

Minimum order quantity:
To make this feasible, the minimum total order quantity will need to be 100.

Orders:
Total price including worldwide shipping is USD 29

OUT OF STOCK FOR THE MOMENT

What's next :
As soon as I start receiving enough orders, I will update you and let you know when minimum order quantity has been reached.
Once done, I will ask production to start.
It should take approximatly 20 days to get it done by the facility.
Once received few days later, I will check the orders and then start packing and shipping to you guys.
After batch 1, I might do a batch 2 with a similar design and/or a batch 3 with a different design (that could be voted for example).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you !

day
Last edited by day on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.

lukelex

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by lukelex » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Is there an option to have it without the "Gameboy Zero" logo on it?

Thanks

day

Post by day » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:12 am

lukelex wrote:Is there an option to have it without the "Gameboy Zero" logo on it?

Thanks

Hi lukelex,

At the moment, the only design available is the one that you can see in the first post.
But out of curiosity, you would like to have one with the border and the two lines, but without the Game Boy Zero ? or only gray border ? or even without a border ?

Thanks,

day

lukelex

Post by lukelex » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 am

Just without the "Gameboy Zero" lettering. Everything else looks dandy :)

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 am

Love it like you designed it Day ;)

daboosa

Post by daboosa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:34 am

Ordered mine!! Hope you get the full pre order soon :D
Last edited by daboosa on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:34 am

Very cool, eager to see a physical prototype! If you can make a ' dot matrix with stereo sound ' similar the the original dmg surround in one if the future runs that would be incredible~

Camble

Post by Camble » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:39 am

AustenFM wrote:Very cool, eager to see a physical prototype! If you can make a ' dot matrix with stereo sound ' similar the the original dmg surround in one if the future runs that would be incredible~
That's what I have on my acrylic screen protectors. They look sweet, but gorilla glass would be amazing.

Difficult to cater for everyone in such a large volume though. I think "Game Boy Zero" is the safest bet.

AustenFM

Post by AustenFM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:59 am

Camble wrote:
AustenFM wrote:Very cool, eager to see a physical prototype! If you can make a ' dot matrix with stereo sound ' similar the the original dmg surround in one if the future runs that would be incredible~
That's what I have on my acrylic screen protectors. They look sweet, but gorilla glass would be amazing.

Difficult to cater for everyone in such a large volume though. I think "Game Boy Zero" is the safest bet.
You're completely right about that being the safest bet for now. Though if theres enough interest ,down the line it may be a possibility! Depending on how this first batch goes maybe there can be a poll opened up with various text options to vote on for the next round.

Also, my acrylic screen protector from Dominator has the 'dot matrix' text and its about perfect, but like you said a silkscreened gorilla glass would be amazing! With all the money im sinking into 640 displays and such might as well go for the gusto with one of these screen protectors too, haha!

day

Post by day » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:09 am

lukelex wrote:Just without the "Gameboy Zero" lettering. Everything else looks dandy :)
AustenFM wrote:If you can make a ' dot matrix with stereo sound ' similar the the original dmg surround in one if the future runs that would be incredible~
Camble wrote:Difficult to cater for everyone in such a large volume though. I think "Game Boy Zero" is the safest bet.
At the moment, I also agree the "GameBoy Zero" is the safest bet, and that's why I went with it, to be able to quickly reach the min quantity for order.

The thing is that changing the design now can lead to uncertainty and bad customer experience, and I really don't want to get there.
I hope you understand the point of view as I committed to a certain design towards those who already ordered. I personally won't mind changing it, IF and ONLY IF all people who already ordered ALL agree but you can quickly see where this can become complicated to manage so I would prefer to keep it with this design for batch 1.

That being said, batch 2 can have "dot matrix with stereo sound" or batch 2 simple gray with no lettering, or one batch for each, or anything else in fact, but it will always need a minimum quantity.
The next batch(es) design can be chosen via a poll, I totally agree !

I hope you understand the position. I am of course totally happy to discuss it if need be.