[For Sale] PRS-Tech Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Ganreizu

Re: [Pre-Order 3.0] PRS-Tech Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:10 am

Thatbraziliann wrote:Dude I believe this is why Im having problems listed here http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1495

So from the picture you linked It actually matters which pins from the reader go to the PI? I had thought as long as there is continuity from the SD cards to the cartridge reader pins it was Okay?

Any info would help thank you!
That's a kitch-bent cartridge not prerunnerseth's cartridge. Follow wermy's original guide for wiring instructions.

Thatbraziliann

Post by Thatbraziliann » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Ganreizu wrote:
Thatbraziliann wrote:Dude I believe this is why Im having problems listed here http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1495

So from the picture you linked It actually matters which pins from the reader go to the PI? I had thought as long as there is continuity from the SD cards to the cartridge reader pins it was Okay?

Any info would help thank you!
That's a kitch-bent cartridge not prerunnerseth's cartridge. Follow wermy's original guide for wiring instructions.
yeah I did and the Pi turns on when Sd card is in the cartridge reader but my screen stays blank and the light on the PI is blinking almost as if no OS is on the card. But there is retropie because when it is inserted into the PI it runs perfectly

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Thatbraziliann wrote:yeah I did and the Pi turns on when Sd card is in the cartridge reader but my screen stays blank and the light on the PI is blinking almost as if no OS is on the card. But there is retropie because when it is inserted into the PI it runs perfectly
Sounds like it's due to lack of filtering.

Thatbraziliann

Post by Thatbraziliann » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Ganreizu wrote:
Thatbraziliann wrote:yeah I did and the Pi turns on when Sd card is in the cartridge reader but my screen stays blank and the light on the PI is blinking almost as if no OS is on the card. But there is retropie because when it is inserted into the PI it runs perfectly
Sounds like it's due to lack of filtering.
Even though Ive added the decoupling capacitor? what would the next troubleshoot be in your opinion?

Chedda

Post by Chedda » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

If the light is blinking, it is booting. Are you using your display and not mini hdmi? Try using a known good output like a computer monitor. I thought the same thing on my pi3 once I desoldered everything, the hdmi cable wasn't plugged in all the way. DERP!

Blinking means activity. Solid means power but not doing anything. This is only during boot.
Builder and tinkerer

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Chedda wrote:If the light is blinking, it is booting. Are you using your display and not mini hdmi? Try using a known good output like a computer monitor. I thought the same thing on my pi3 once I desoldered everything, the hdmi cable wasn't plugged in all the way. DERP!

Blinking means activity. Solid means power but not doing anything. This is only during boot.
yes, blinking means activity. sounds like a connection issue between the Pi and the screen, this is what i would expect. i also had a similar issue (cable wasn't plugged in all the way). you should at least get something on the screen if there is a boot error, rather than nothing. i suspect a display issue, at least this is where i would start troubleshooting.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Chedda wrote:If the light is blinking, it is booting. Are you using your display and not mini hdmi? Try using a known good output like a computer monitor. I thought the same thing on my pi3 once I desoldered everything, the hdmi cable wasn't plugged in all the way. DERP!

after reading the other thread, yeah the cold joints could certainly be an issue as well.

the BRKout board has been used countless times, so barring the weird fluke that you got a bad PCB (you'd be the first), I'd suggest to first check your solder joints, then the connection between the Pi and the screen itself, and then the OS on the card and make sure its on properly and you didn't install compressed or something like this... make sure to check out the instructions for putting it on a SD card to boot correctly.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

Darkplume84

Post by Darkplume84 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Can I still order one of these or do I have to wait?

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:43 am

Darkplume84 wrote:Can I still order one of these or do I have to wait?
Order away... Just pay attention to which batch you are in. I have posted when the batches were ordered from my manufacturer in the first post. expect them to get to me and be shipped to you 2-3weeks from when i ordered the batch you are in.

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:44 am

Batch 1 is here and will be sent out tomorrow! that would be orders 1-100. I expect batch 2 to be in next week.