[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
day

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by day » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:03 am

Johnputer wrote:Ordered.

For the record, I know some people complained about the silkscreen design, but I really like it as is. Couldn't be better.
Thank you :) I'll propose other designs for batch 2, with a poll and stuff

ps : we reached a bit more than 70%

tehsoul

Post by tehsoul » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Ordered 2 :-)

day

Post by day » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 pm

tehsoul wrote:Ordered 2 :-)
thank you tehsoul !

So we are almost at 80% of min order quantity !!! So happy that this seems to be coming soon.
Again, THANK you ALL ! and THANKS again for those who have been waiting !

Once we reach 100% I'll immediatly run the production from supplier and ask for clear time scheduling.

Will also ask if possible to get pictures from them so that I can share them here, not yet sure they can do it, but will try of course.

To ease up this GG1b1 I won't force any other designs, I really want to deliver quickly.
GG1b2 (same design, batch 2) should be faster as min order quantity will be lower.

For GG2b1 (different design, batch 1) I'll propose new designs soon for a poll.

Again, thanks for your trust !

day

AerynSun

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [~80% of min order qtty]

Post by AerynSun » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 pm

Ordered! Thanks day!

pixelplus

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [~80% of min order qtty]

Post by pixelplus » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 pm

ok, just a little question. The 3d picture in the first post. Is the font and color exactly like that? because the original is a narrower type and not 100% white.

yeah, I'm picky :D but will be happy either way, you have my order but thought I would ask ;)

edit: found this page

http://www.instantshift.com/2013/07/10/ ... -tutorial/

if you scroll down to the screen surround part they recommend "Novecento Wide" with a download link if it's any help :)

BlueberryPhazon

Post by BlueberryPhazon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:58 am

I would like to order one, but I'm not interested in the current design. I would like one that says "Dot matrix with stereo sound", or something like that but changed to be more accurate to the project ("LCD matrix with PWM audio", ect). If that's the direction the next batch goes, count me in!

P.s. There's nothing wrong with the current design, I just don't like having "Gameboy" on the screen and on the device itself. It looks cool, but I'll just wait for the next design. I'm in no hurry

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:56 pm

So if we reach 100%, does that mean they are all spoken for? How about going to 90% so that you can have extras for people who come in late? :)

Just curious.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

uke

Post by uke » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:00 am

I bought one, and I like the current design, but if I could change anything, I would rather it did not say anything at all.

I mean, some of us are using PWM audio, others USB audio, some are using a Rp0, others a Rp3. My point is, it will be really difficult to cater to all of us while printing something like "Game Boy ZERO" or "DOT matrix with PWM audio" (Even though it's not DOT matrix anymore).

I think the best option is to have the color lines from edge to edge and leave it as it is. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I'm happy this is about to reach %100.

day

Post by day » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 am

@pixelplus : First of all, thanks for your order ! I'll address this design question today by sending a mail to those who ordered and check if people have a clear image of what the design looks like. I am saying this because you might not be the only one thinking that the "GAME BOY ZERO" will have the same font as the "DOT MATRIX..." on the original Game Boy.
The design I am planning on doing will look like the Game Boy logo font, but written "GAME BOY ZERO", I thought it looked clear on the image but you are correct raising that point, thank you !
The text is not 100% white on the original DMG but this is due to the way it is silkscreened and with time I think it changed a bit but I will most probably use 100% white for the text as the result might look more 'fresh'.

Also, the link you sent is not perfectly accurate in terms of dimensions, and reproduction. I am trying to be more accurate on that side, but agree that the font you mentionned would be more suited. I might use it for a second version with "DOT MATRIX WITH STEREO SOUND" text :) will update soon on that part.

@BlueberryPhazon : it is planned yes :) and your "LCD matrix with PWM audio" is nice I'll suggest it as well if that's ok ?

@WoodMill : good news, we just reached the 100% !!! so now I can assure you that Gorilla Glass with silkscreen border will become a reality :) I will keep the orders open till friday (included) and after that will close batch 1 to place the final order with my supplier ! Rest assured, those who missed this deadline will be able to order a batch 2 with same design, min order quantity will be lower for this batch 2.

@uke : Thank for your order as well ! For second design, I'll make several proposition of design and see what people vote. I'll have one with simple borders with no text, and others :)

tl;dr :

We reached the 100% of minimum order quantity for GG1b1 ! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TRUST !! <3
I will close orders for this batch on friday (included) and pass the order with my supplier by then.
Batch 2 (called "GG1b2", i.e. same design) will be open just after, with a lower min order quantity.
Other designs (called "GG2b1", "GG3b1", "GG4b1" and so on), will be suggested and open for poll/vote. They will be subject to same min order quantity as GG1b1 (this one).

Onyx

Re: [Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border [100% min order qtty reached!]

Post by Onyx » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:26 pm

@day maybe I didn't saw it, but how thick is the surround/borders exactly?