GBZ minus the "Z"??

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Retrohead95

Re: GBZ minus the "Z"??

Post by Retrohead95 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 pm

dboSS wrote:I would love to use the raspberry pi 3 but there're two things I'm afraid of:
1. I wish I can play Tearing saga + Super Robot War on PSX on a GBZ or GB3 => But no sign right now prove that those games can run smoothly with this board.
2. I dont have any experience on electronic, so working on a raspberry pi 3 with not much guidance is really hard for me.
1. It might run on the pi 3 but I highly doubt it'll run on the pi 0.

2. No worries, we're all here to help. You gotta start somewhere. You can always make a thread or read up on here. I planned on using the pi 3 but read @wermy 's post above so now I'm not so certain. I've been using my 3 and have never had any heat issues but maybe it's because I haven't been using for long periods of time. If you do plan on doing this I'd say hold off on the 3 and use a pi 2 or 0.

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Thu May 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Retrohead95 wrote:
dboSS wrote:I would love to use the raspberry pi 3 but there're two things I'm afraid of:
1. I wish I can play Tearing saga + Super Robot War on PSX on a GBZ or GB3 => But no sign right now prove that those games can run smoothly with this board.
2. I dont have any experience on electronic, so working on a raspberry pi 3 with not much guidance is really hard for me.

2. No worries, we're all here to help. You gotta start somewhere. You can always make a thread or read up on here. I planned on using the pi 3 but read @wermy 's post above so now I'm not so certain. I've been using my 3 and have never had any heat issues but maybe it's because I haven't been using for long periods of time. If you do plan on doing this I'd say hold off on the 3 and use a pi 2 or 0.
Could those games run smoothly on pi 2?

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:47 am

dboSS wrote:
Retrohead95 wrote:

I'm not sure. I hear N64 games are almost unplayable but I don't have a pi 2 to test it on.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 1:44 am

Retrohead95 wrote:
dboSS wrote:
Retrohead95 wrote:

I'm not sure. I hear N64 games are almost unplayable but I don't have a pi 2 to test it on.
A few youtube videos are indicating that the rpi3 is doing pretty decent at N64 and PSX emulation, but like said before, not really suitable for a GB application. Would make a cool console box for the tv though.