[NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
jb32647

Re: [NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Post by jb32647 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 am

Hi Sota, nice guide. I have a problem, my Arduino doesn't show up on my computer at all. It is the same pro micro as yours, the blue one. I followed the sparkfun tutorial, but I fall over at the first step because the micro doesn't show up at all. The red power light turns on though. Do you have any advice?
An amateur at best. Current project: GB 'Athena'

jb32647

Re: [NEW VERSION] Sota's 14 buttons + optional up to 2 analog sticks guide for a Leonardo Pro Micro (Teensy alternative)

Post by jb32647 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:13 pm

jb32647 wrote:Hi Sota, nice guide. I have a problem, my Arduino doesn't show up on my computer at all. It is the same pro micro as yours, the blue one. I followed the sparkfun tutorial, but I fall over at the first step because the micro doesn't show up at all. The red power light turns on though. Do you have any advice?
Never mind, just turns out the USB cable I was using was bad.
An amateur at best. Current project: GB 'Athena'

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:41 pm

I added a modified Sketch along with USBasp HEX files so your code works with my AIO boards to the end of your first post but here it is as well:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qebcxs7xf ... O+Code.zip
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

6PATHS

Post by 6PATHS » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Followed the guide to a t. It's giving me an error when I tried to upload 'JoyState_t' does not name a type. I haven't modified the sketch in anyway, just opened and uploaded. Any idea why it would do this?

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 am

6PATHS wrote:Followed the guide to a t. It's giving me an error when I tried to upload 'JoyState_t' does not name a type. I haven't modified the sketch in anyway, just opened and uploaded. Any idea why it would do this?
I had this exact issue because i tried using the latest version of Arduino.

Removed everything, installed as per the guide and all works as expected.

Good luck.

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:12 am

Hi Sota!
First of all, thanks for this guide! Great job!
Im using a pcb controller supplied by kitsch-bent to the project SuperGameGirl to do my build. This board its suppose to work with gpio pins but i'm having a hard time to get it working, so I decided to buy a micro pro just like your's and try by this way.
I'm planing to the wiring like this:

http://imgur.com/fRV4CGT

Is this wiring good or I'm doing some mistake?
Hope you can help me :)

htbrdd

Post by htbrdd » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Do you have any info. on the board in the bottom right of no that last picture. Thanks.

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 am

htbrdd wrote:Do you have any info. on the board in the bottom right of no that last picture. Thanks.
Are you talking to me?

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 am

htbrdd wrote:Yes TheDeviantZen.
The only info that i have about these boards its the pages of the project(imgur/reddit/github) and the page where it's bought, and none of the pages talk much about them.
The pages are:

-http://www.supergamegirl.com/
-http://imgur.com/a/gFhk7
-https://github.com/Cristov9000/SuperGameGirl
-https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comme ... _handheld/

I tried to talk with the guy behind of the project but seems that he isn't much supportive. Tried to find help in some other forums but when the people ear me talking about the project SuperGameGirl seems like they run away like the devil from the holy cross :lol: :lol: :lol: . My bad for give a try on this project.

BTW, I tried the wiring that i posted above and it worked :D now my buttons are all detected. Since that I have that case 3D printed, i have to find a way to fit the micro pro in there :) wish me luck.