[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
jmoflhrc

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by jmoflhrc » Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Dextech wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 am
jmoflhrc wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:57 am
Just checking on the status of the USA signed orders. I paid the extra charges on the 6th but it looks like there are still some on-going issues. What are the chances of getting these before the end of next week?

Thanks!
-Jason
I would love to say that chances are great but it's more like none. Thing is buttons and COB leds are on their way from china with DHL but will still take couple of days to get them, then I have to rework all power bank cases to make pocket lights of them. And then pack and take to Croatia to send them out. This I have to do with all non-European overseas orders and some European, some standard and all signed for to US, Canada, Swiss, Australia, New Zeland, Japan,.... So by the time you wish to receive them I hope I'll send them out.

Today GLS came and some 60 or so EU orders went out. Still have to let recipients know tracking numbers but have to get home first. Will also let you know some stats on where we got so far.

And some of you are starting to receive their orders so I'll make quick video guide on how to open power bank case to get battery out.
Thanks for the update, guess I will need to go to plan B until the batteries arrive. I have been making a GameBoy Zero as a gift and was hoping to have everything 100% for the end of May when I need to present it :)

Thanks for all your hard work here!! It's crazy how strict shipping companies have gotten with the lipo batteries!

-Jason

JohnWestBear

Post by JohnWestBear » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 am

Are UK orders going out OK or are there issues with them as well?

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Thu May 18, 2017 1:52 pm

JohnWestBear wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 am
All UK orders of multiple batteries are out. Ones fore just one battery are waiting for rework and delivery with Croatian post due to shipping costs.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Thu May 18, 2017 2:09 pm

And to let you know few stats:
with last orders that went out today I'm up to 65% of orders shipped and rest will go once I get new components from China.
With contributions for shipping you got to 72% response. I'm still little short for covering all costs but I might get there eventually.
I will post video link on first page to guide for easy battery extraction so you are all left with whole cases for powerbank project ;)
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

MiL0

Post by MiL0 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Dextech wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:52 pm
JohnWestBear wrote:
All UK orders of multiple batteries are out. Ones fore just one battery are waiting for rework and delivery with Croatian post due to shipping costs.
I'm in UK and ordered one battery - but I got an email today with a tracking number from you :)

Was that a mistake? Or am I lucky?! :D

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 pm

MiL0 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm
Dextech wrote:
JohnWestBear wrote:
I'm in UK and ordered one battery - but I got an email today with a tracking number from you :)

Did you order with signed for shipping? Because ones with standard shipping I believe are still with me.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

MiL0

Post by MiL0 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 am

Dextech wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 pm
MiL0 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm
Dextech wrote:

Did you order with signed for shipping? Because ones with standard shipping I believe are still with me.
Yes - I paid for signed shipping and contributed extra to help you out :)

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 am

Thx Dex ... I'm tracking now my packet :D ... please let us know if you need help with extra costs

KMetal

Post by KMetal » Fri May 19, 2017 6:12 am

Dextech wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:17 am
THEY ARRIVED! :D
Batteries are here and looking mighty fine ;)
One is already undergoing capacity testing and size test fit has been done. Like mentioned before they are slightly thicker then sample pieces so bottom battery spacers have to be trimmed for proper fit.
rsz_img_20170424_171739.jpg
rsz_img_20170424_171944.jpg
rsz_img_20170424_174734.jpg
rsz_img_20170424_174921.jpg
rsz_img_20170424_180507.jpg

Now I'm knee deep in packaging and preparing to send them out.

And as if all this preparation wasn't enough our national postal service dropped a b0mb on me... I called them about some shipping details and they told me they have just recently changed policy on devices with lithium batteries - they are BANNED from air shipments, just ground and sea :? :shock: :o :evil: I mean.....WTF ?!%#&@ are they kidding me? I have tons of orders to send out and now this? And since I can't do anything to change their mind it is like this at the moment: about 1/3 of orders are still good as they will go via road or sea. For remaning 2/3 I will have to go to foreign postal service, use foreign fulfillment company or 3PL company. For any of these solutions I hope it won't break my bank as quick search didn't find services as afordable as our postal service is.
So I will do my best this won't cause too much of aditional delays. Fingers crossed :roll:
Hi Dexter, my battery has arrived ad works fine. Thanks
PS: I think you must move this pictures on first post because they can help more user. :)
Gameboy Zero - Super AIO by Kite (Pi0 inside)
Retropie 4.3
GBZ35-Dark RetroPie Themes

tralalem

Post by tralalem » Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Battery arrived today in Germany and works fine! Thanks a lot!