[For Sale] USB/EXT Port cover for Kite's SAIO Kit builds - Original Game Boy

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
devsfan1830

[For Sale] USB/EXT Port cover for Kite's SAIO Kit builds - Original Game Boy

Post by devsfan1830 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Being unhappy with leaving it uncovered, using plain USB port plugs, or trying to cut an EXT cover to fit I decided to model my own cover for the USB port mounted in the EXT cutout. It fits just snug enough to not fall or shake out but has a small gap and lip to be removable with a fingernail.

For those with a 3D printer the model is freely available here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2462167
This site also shows the model and a couple pictures of the one I made for myself.

Print with a .20 layer height and 100% infill.

You are free to download it, remix it, share it. Anything but sell it yourselves.

For those without a 3D printer I am offering to make them for you in packs of 5 for $5 USD. This will largely cover material, postage and any PayPal fees. I'm not out to make a profit. Just offering my services.

I have a few basic colors Black (Matte or Mild Shine), White, Translucent Blue, Translucent Green, Clear, Orange, Red, Matte Green. None of these are guaranteed to match any Game Boy Shells. In fact they likely won't but the choice is there. I have printed a clear one and it is fairly close to the clear shells. So a clear, black or white may be a safe bet. US orders only because that is far more manageable for me for such a small item. I've also had a tracked international shipment go missing before. Anyone is free to send the file to be printed by a service such as 3DHubs. They are pretty much a global network of 3D printer owners though they are out for a profit so costs may be higher. The tradeoff is that they may have additional colors and materials and may have local pickup if you live nearby. I did this until I got my own printer.

To order a set of 5, Email me at james.duffy85@gmail.com (you can PM too but there may be a delay as I’m not especially active here and for some reason dont get PM notifications) with “SUDOMOD” in the subject line somewhere so I can keep it out of SPAM. Tell me the color of your choice (can be one or a mix of colors), your PayPal email address, and quantity (multiples of 5). I will send an invoice and print when payment is received. For our protection I will only mail to verified PayPal addresses and accept payments via PayPal.

Edit (Aug-03-17): Here is an image gallery showing available colors and a better idea of how it fits: http://imgur.com/a/swfpW
Last edited by devsfan1830 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

tyler335

Re: [For Sale] USB/EXT Port cover for Kite's SAIO Kit builds - Original Game Boy

Post by tyler335 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 am

Can you show us a picture of the one you printed?
Check out my latest GBZ build: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 779#p35779

Image.......Image.......Image

Eccho

Re: [For Sale] USB/EXT Port cover for Kite's SAIO Kit builds - Original Game Boy

Post by Eccho » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 am

Oh that's a clean fit!

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am

Curious what it looks like in a grey color. I was considering just moding my current cover to fit but I do like a back up option

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Eccho wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 am
Oh that's a clean fit!
Thanks yeah its pretty decent. I'll post some additional pictures soon. Some in opaque colors so its a bit easier to see. It doesn't curve with the case on the bottom so there's maybe a 1mm protrusion. I kinda like it since it makes it a bit easier to remove. If it was totally flush it may very well be a nightmare. But if people want it that way I can give it a shot.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 am
Curious what it looks like in a grey color. I was considering just moding my current cover to fit but I do like a back up option
I do have a couple shades of "Stone Grey" from ProtoParadigm. I'll run off a few additional colors and update my post asap.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 pm

tyler335 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 am
Can you show us a picture of the one you printed?
Post updated with an image gallery that shows the part better along with some available colors. I'm going to update tonight with a few more. I ran out of time last night.