[PRE ORDERS CLOSED] mintyPi Kits SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
ICMF

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by ICMF » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 am

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 am
For everyone, please let's keep the language and arguemnet civil. There are members spanning all different ages. Please allow the mods to sort this out.
Just as, if not more importantly, there are also members spanning all different languages. Not everyone here speaks English natively, and grammar, tone and usage differ in other languages. So what seems rude or abrupt to you, may simply because a person has limited English skills.

(for that matter, even if a person *is* a native English speaker, they may not be great at written communication)

----

All that being said, the post definitely raised an eyebrow for me when I read it last night. Glad to hear it has 'official' approval. And IMO, it makes quite a lot of sense - loads of people are asking where to get all the components, or struggling to find that one piece, so having a one-stop solution should make it easier for novice makers to actually build the thing. Those who want to save some money by buying things individually can do that, too (once the boards are back up for sale). So, win-win.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:51 am

ICMF wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 am
dryja123 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 am
For everyone, please let's keep the language and arguemnet civil. There are members spanning all different ages. Please allow the mods to sort this out.
Just as, if not more importantly, there are also members spanning all different languages. Not everyone here speaks English natively, and grammar, tone and usage differ in other languages. So what seems rude or abrupt to you, may simply because a person has limited English skills.

(for that matter, even if a person *is* a native English speaker, they may not be great at written communication)

----

All that being said, the post definitely raised an eyebrow for me when I read it last night. Glad to hear it has 'official' approval. And IMO, it makes quite a lot of sense - loads of people are asking where to get all the components, or struggling to find that one piece, so having a one-stop solution should make it easier for novice makers to actually build the thing. Those who want to save some money by buying things individually can do that, too (once the boards are back up for sale). So, win-win.
I understand but I made the comment because someone used profanity... Different languages or not, we should refrain from using profanity. I understand now that my use of the word language was not proper.... I should of said "please be civil and not use profanity."

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Update:

13 kits left

NeekSeption

Post by NeekSeption » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm

thanks for this service origamiboy

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 am

Some of the parts arrived today, check them out.
Attachments
Parts.JPG
Check it out
Parts.JPG (810.28 KiB) Viewed 8698 times

lunarpi

Post by lunarpi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:02 am

Hey! I know you said the SD cards will be preimaged. Will the image include the battery indicator software that was recently added?

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 pm

The image installed will always be the lasted one wermy provides, so yes.

enemone

Post by enemone » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am

Triple the price for the parts??? SAVE YOU MONEY GO BUY THE PARTS ON AMAZON OR EBAY!!!

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:58 am

enemone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am
Triple the price for the parts??? SAVE YOU MONEY GO BUY THE PARTS ON AMAZON OR EBAY!!!
Triple the price for what parts? How do you figure? You should itemize the cost of every item and you'll see that he hasn't tripled the price of anything. If you don't agree with the price you don't need to post it here.

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 am

Triple price? For 53$ you can barely buy the PCBs. First person that finds how you can get all the parts for 53$ wins a free car.