New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Flynn

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by Flynn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Flynn Here! Hey Guys thanks for putting together a place where such creativity can be found!

I have been lurking for a bit here and thanks to this site and youtube I was able to build a GBZ with a PI3. had to cut the PI board a bit to fit. Do have a noobish question. When a run of PCB's like the MintyPi one is available, is that posted under buy and sell?

Thanks guys

magaccio

Post by magaccio » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi this is magaccio speaking!

Hello, i magaccio from Italy! I’m here to understand how to create a GBZ!

I’am a 3d artist (not printer) but I really like DIY project! I hope you could help me, if i found all the pieces needed

lotusalex2000

Post by lotusalex2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi, I'm lotusalex(Alex) from Germany.
I like DIY Projects, and retro Gaming.

Normally, I have DIY Projects for water coolers for PC, Smart Home with enoceon or play on my good old SNES :-).
I love this forum!

TheBeardedJake

Post by TheBeardedJake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:34 am

Gday all,

TheBeardedJake (Names Jake, have a beard. Makes sense :lol: ) from Australia (Victoria for any other aussies out there)

An IT Support guy with passion for burning my fingers on the soldering iron trying to make something at the odd hours of the morning before work. Also a lover of cars. If im not working or working on something i am out driving solo or with mates on some random road in the bush.

I hope to make a contribution to the group in the future, however for now i shall lurk and pipe in with useless info from time to time.

Peace out, crack a cold beer and relax

Cfink

Post by Cfink » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 am

Hi everyone. Been lurking While waiting for kites circuit sword to pre order. Lots of good stuff on the forum. Hope I can contribute to it in the future.

ZeroContext

Post by ZeroContext » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:59 am

New to the forum as of two days ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find Kite's Circuit Sword that seems to take much of the work out of building a GBZ. I have been looking for an elegant solution for some time now. I also build custom keyboards and do PC watercooling, and am a 3D printing enthusiast.

TheHappiestBug

Post by TheHappiestBug » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 am

I'm TheHappiestBug, and I've been toying with electronics since I was 11. The GBZ got me started, and I've been watching this forum for years. I stopped for a while, but got back into it with the start of my Pi 3 GB.

CPLSeraphim

Post by CPLSeraphim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

I have been a lurker on sudomod for a while. I stumbled on it when I was building an arcade for my dad (RPi3, 32" LED TV), a Console for me (RPi3, 2 pc fans, 500GB HDD and Jumper cables for autos to neaten things up on the outside.) I am no programmer, but I love seeing what people are doing with these computers, and how I can adapt things for my use. Berry boot is cool because of the multiple OS's available. Utilizing RPi's for Amateur Radio, gaming, computing, Outernet and whatever else just blows my mind. I love the creative atmosphere here, and the people are always so generous with knowledge ot became time to become a member.

FFighters5

Post by FFighters5 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:37 am

Hi my name is Jimmie/FFighters5(gamertag). Found this place through youtube and my constant searching for more raspberry pi/retropi info. Been interested in a dyi retro gameboy project for most of this year and recently found this site. Just been doing info searching and reading so far. I'm an avid gamer still. Still own all my old retro gaming systems from NES/Mastersystem days to current PS4. With a few missing here and there, N64/32X/etc. Previous systems I've modded/softmodded to play retro games are, PS1/PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox(Original)/GBA/GB DS, but nothing to the level of a raspberry pi diy system. I like the idea of having a handheld system to relive my retro gaming youth. I am a Mechanical Designer working in 3D systems such as Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks.

WiringGuru

Post by WiringGuru » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi I'm WiringGuru (Dayton). Don't let the name fool you, I am very new to the world of electronics. I found this site while looking into raspberry pi's during class (I'm currently a senior in high school looking to major in mechanical engineering) and thought it seemed like a cool talent to have under my belt once I go off to college. I'm currently taking dual credit advanced electronics which has given me some understanding of wiring up projects and making sure that they are neat and tidy. Although I haven't completed any electronics project yet, unless you count wiring up a Mr. Potato Head to have red glowing eyes, I'm hoping to learn a lot about this community and the basics of circuits and programming.