Raspberry Audio Board

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Noob999

Raspberry Audio Board

Post by Noob999 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 am

Hi @All,
first thanks for this excellent Board. I have learned so much. My Name is Tobias and I am from Switzerland.

Currently i am working on a 5" Portable. After investing a lot of Time (And Money ;)) i didn't found any good and small All-in-One Audio Solution. So i came up with the Idea to develop my own Audio Solution.

After investing much more Time ... this is the first Prototype:
IMG_3967.jpg
IMG_3967.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 6934 times
It contains a PCM 2704 USB DAC and TPA2016 Audio Amplifier all the Pins for external Buttons and i2c Control of the Amplifier are routed to the PIN Header.

Also it contains a Headphone Jacket which switches automatically to Headphones as soon you plug in

Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0PXclmHKc

It sounds absolutely amazing i am very happy with the board

ICMF

Re: Raspberry Audio Board

Post by ICMF » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 am

Looks cool. Where and how much? :)

One small suggestion: if you're selling it for use on handhelds, it'd be nice to have the headphone jack, USB port and header block depopulated - it would make the board more compact and easier to locate inside a cramped build.

Noob999

Post by Noob999 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks for the Reply ... as i said it‘s just a Prototype.

I want to do following:

- Replace Caps with SMD Ones
- Replace USB Connector
- Make it as small as possible ;)

I thought about JST Connectors for all external Connections or do you prefer PIN Headers ?

Noob999

Post by Noob999 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 am

I really thougt more people are interested in this :(

Nobody else had Problems to find a Audio Solution for their Portable ?

I have done a lot of Research and didn't find anything which combines a USB DAC and a good Amplifier.

What are you using for your Portable Projects ?

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 am

Noob999 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 am
What are you using for your Portable Projects ?
Most people are using the AIO boards that already have the sound issue solved. I would have killed for your solution about a year ago but now not so much to be honest. The AIO are very space efficient and most rather pay the extra buck just to be able to do it hassle free.

But don't stop working on it just because of my comment. It's an elegant solution for people that can't get an AIO board (they can be hard to get at times) and I'm sure people will need it, you just can't expect a reply in a week :P.

oceanmist66

Post by oceanmist66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Although I agree it can't really beat the AIO boards as far as gameboy zero projects go, this is great for other custom tablet-style projects. Those are just harder to accomplish and not as popular as the game boy zero is.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 am

I actually made a similar board with amp and all but it was for prototyping and had no large caps or sockets, just some solder pads. Why no integrate your design into another board?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Noob999

Post by Noob999 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 am

That's exactly what was the Original Purpose ... we are currently working on a "bigger" Board and this Audio Board is Part of this Project ;)