Wii U Gamepad zero/gamepi project thread

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
LordDarkScream

Re: Wii U Gamepad zero/gamepi project thread

Post by LordDarkScream » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Anyone have any info on how to wire the home/tv/power button to a teensy unit?

LordDarkScream

Post by LordDarkScream » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 am

Anyone have an audio schematic and not a block diagram?

DieKatzchen

Post by DieKatzchen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 pm

I can actually think of some uses of the touchscreen. SCUMMVM, DosBox, DS, maybe strategus? Could probably use v-usb to make it into a usb touchpad.

[Edit]Scratch that, just use this. It even has a calibration program. Windows only, but you can just plug it into a pc for the calibration before connecting it to the pi.[/Edit]

[Edit2]Or just use the calibration script by this guy. Convenient.[/Edit2]

CJnyc3

Post by CJnyc3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:43 am

If anyone is looking for a solution the home/tv/power button using teensy and the pololu big switch. I have created a PCB to help with that if anyone is interested. I have it in Oshpark. It can be ordered and then you would have to solder on the components. I used 0805 LEDs and resistors SMD.

Push buttons from ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Tact-Swit ... SwDNdVkrVh

Oshpark: https://www.oshpark.com/shared_projects/PxxdBxo7

DJJK

Post by DJJK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 am

Does anyone have the original motherboard of the Wii U gamepad? And if so, could you make a life size foto/scan?
I want to make a replica of this to house all the components on it. Or at least try it so I don’t have to make a lot of changes to the case.

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 pm

I have some photos of it, but its with my cell phone, so the alignment isn't perfect.

It seems the ribbon/FPC connector for the buttons is settled, but has anyone located the correct socket for the analog sticks, or are we stick cutting those?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm

I found it on Digikey some time ago, it's a Japanese brand that makes it and it fits perfectly. I don't have them on hand to find the actual part number right now.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Nice, when you get a moment please share those. It's going to be a few weeks before I get my screen anyway.

hellbent

Post by hellbent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 am

i've been wanting to build one of these for a while now and have just begun. i was really bolstered when i saw ben heck do a no-hdmi-pi handheld recently. i have an 8bcraft handheld for a pi zero and the composite output just makes me sad so i had always been looking for an hdmi screen to fit in the wii u gamepad and then when i learned i might not even need HDMI i decided to go ahead.

i've since ordered a 6.2" tft from aliexpress with 40pin ribbon and the adafruit tft-friend adapter board to get it onto a pi 3 which i will put on a diet and remove all of the extra ports.

here's the screen -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-2-inc ... 66597.html
the tft friend from adafruit -> https://www.adafruit.com/product/1932

i'll let you know how the screen setup goes soon as i get my hands on it. mean while i've got the gamepad disassembled and cleaned. going to reuse as much original parts as i can to keep it looking stock and functional. i'm even toying with adapting the cradle ports to still work for charging from a modified power adapter (while leaving a micro USB port for on-the-go charging).

still looking for a suitable battery but i'll leave that until later once i determine if this setup will even work.