[Gauging Interest] HoolyHoo PSP1000 Joystick Bracket

If you'd like to gauge interest in an idea before putting it into production, do it here!
Double0EK

Re: [Gauging Interest] HoolyHoo PSP1000 Joystick Bracket

Post by Double0EK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 am
Double0EK wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 am
Just seen this. I'm planning a 6 button and Analog Stick on the bottom corner..anyway you can implement that type of design?
You mean like this?
4219BD77-46D0-463C-A05F-0423A02349A5.jpeg
This was a special order for someone else 😉
PM sent about this support bracket.

Neurotique

Post by Neurotique » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:42 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 am
Double0EK wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 am
Just seen this. I'm planning a 6 button and Analog Stick on the bottom corner..anyway you can implement that type of design?
You mean like this?
4219BD77-46D0-463C-A05F-0423A02349A5.jpeg
This was a special order for someone else 😉
PM sent, this is exactly what I need!

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm
dryja123 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 am
It's actually more comfortable then you would think, YaYa. I thought so too but I did a physical mockup and it was really comfortable. I was able to install a second joystick below the start and select and the headphone jack but gave up on it.

Edit: I would leave the screw post in place. I was thinking the bracket would loop around the screw post for alignment and support.
Played around with your suggestion. Here is the result.

Duel.jpg

Not as bad as I thought with the placement. This will work with Kite's new Circuit Sword but is not backward compatible with his old one. Reason for this, on his old board there is a chip on the underside where the second joystick would go. On his new board he has moved all the components to the top so its good to go. :D

Is it possible to have a litle bit more filament at the bottom so one could have a hole an screw the joystick in with just sanding the clip a bit down?
I am just worried that the joystick won't stay in place especially because there are no screws around this part of the board, so it could flex a bit. :o

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Adim01 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:
dryja123 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 am
It's actually more comfortable then you would think, YaYa. I thought so too but I did a physical mockup and it was really comfortable. I was able to install a second joystick below the start and select and the headphone jack but gave up on it.

Edit: I would leave the screw post in place. I was thinking the bracket would loop around the screw post for alignment and support.

Duel.jpg

Not as bad as I thought with the placement. This will work with Kite's new Circuit Sword but is not backward compatible with his old one. Reason for this, on his old board there is a chip on the underside where the second joystick would go. On his new board he has moved all the components to the top so its good to go. :D

Is it possible to have a litle bit more filament at the bottom so one could have a hole an screw the joystick in with just sanding the clip a bit down?
I am just worried that the joystick won't stay in place especially because there are no screws around this part of the board, so it could flex a bit. :o
This is actually the newest version of it ;)
DJ.png
DJ.png (752.1 KiB) Viewed 12764 times

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:59 pm
Adim01 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:

Duel.jpg

This is actually the newest version of it ;)

DJ.png
Hmm i just got the idea of an bracket that could be fasten with some screws in the back so one could change the case/display as they want to and just buy alle the case and 3d Printed parts again. :D
Just had this flying inside my head for a wile beacause if the ony part that is left to be held with screws is the display. :roll:
Maybe just like your normal bracket around the display and the second part ontop with the screwpost to hold the case together.

Donno if that makes any sense :lol:

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:56 am

I think I understand what your trying to say but I don’t 100% follow

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Hm here as an example:
https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5166
The screen is beeing held to the front by screws.
So just the outer bracket has to be glued in for the screen, buttons and joystick to sit in and the bracket with screw post's could be screwd to the lower glued in one. :D

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Adim01 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm
Hm here as an example:
So just the outer bracket has to be glued in for the screen, buttons and joystick to sit in and the bracket with screw post's could be screwd to the lower glued in one. :D
Isn’t that a custom shell that has been 3d printed with screw post for the screen? How is your idea suppose to work in a regular shell?

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:38 pm
Adim01 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm
Hm here as an example:
Isn’t that a custom shell that has been 3d printed with screw post for the screen? How is your idea suppose to work in a regular shell?
Yes and no just wanted to show something were you would screw te back frame to hold it down.
I am so sorry for my bad english but stay with me for a second longere here :lol:
So you have you original bracket were the screen is beeing held to the case of the gameboy from all side's (up,down,left,right and from behind).
And what i was thingkind is if one could make the bracket into two seperate halves where one of them holds the screen from all sides exept from behind so you could easily take out the screen (this part would still need to be glued to the case). Then after that the other halve would be placed ontop of the screen and the glued down bracket and would be fastend with screws so it could be removable.

Hope this is understadable :lol:

Double0EK

Post by Double0EK » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Adim01 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm
Yes and no just wanted to show something were you would screw te back frame to hold it down.
I am so sorry for my bad english but stay with me for a second longere here :lol:
So you have you original bracket were the screen is beeing held to the case of the gameboy from all side's (up,down,left,right and from behind).
And what i was thingkind is if one could make the bracket into two seperate halves where one of them holds the screen from all sides exept from behind so you could easily take out the screen (this part would still need to be glued to the case). Then after that the other halve would be placed ontop of the screen and the glued down bracket and would be fastend with screws so it could be removable.

Hope this is understadable :lol:
Something like this? But of course with Hoolys Touch with the joystick supports and/or the 6 button style..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdMdJzAF28F/