[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Nicode70

Re: [For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by Nicode70 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 am

Just my 2 cents here. I found that it’s much easier to put the insert in place after drilling the holes with a 3mm bit. The tip to put the screw into the insert still stands.
https://instagram.com/nicoGBPi
Nintendo ID: 0954-8664-4922

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 am

Sasherz wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:23 am
I did get my order today, but I got a problem....
its white, with my transparent build, its gonna stick out like a sore thumb.
so what kinda spraypaint or paint can I use on this bracket so it dont melt?
I know some platic loves to melt when it comes to some paints
Sasherz, it is me that sends these out and unless a colour is specified I will ship what ever PLA I have loaded in the printer at the time.

Can you PM me ?
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

ZahcStarKiller

Post by ZahcStarKiller » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 pm

I got the PSP screen bracket and 4 button backboard in today from HoolyHoo, holy smokes. The quality on these prints and parts is absolutely phenomenal.

I strongly recommend ordering any of his products. They look like they were made in a factory.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 pm

ZahcStarKiller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 pm
I got the PSP screen bracket and 4 button backboard in today from HoolyHoo, holy smokes. The quality on these prints and parts is absolutely phenomenal.

I strongly recommend ordering any of his products. They look like they were made in a factory.
That's because Hoolyhoo is actually a 3d printing robot. Last year we decided to program a customer interface module into the 3d printing bot so it could interact on the forums and share projects and interact with sudomodders. The mod team will make sure Hooly (3d print bot) gets an extra cookie for doing a great job.

Picardo

Post by Picardo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 am

I got the bracket, great work. I notice there is some play both up and down and side to side for the screen. How do you position the screen?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am

Picardo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 am
I got the bracket, great work. I notice there is some play both up and down and side to side for the screen. How do you position the screen?
Although Kite is using the same screen as his original SAIO, he may be using a different supplier. There may be a fraction of a variation in size but nothing thats a problem. Simply position the bracket as usual an apply a small dab of glue or kapton tape in the area where the back of the screen and the support of the bracket overlap after you have made sure screen is centered. Once you have done that, whatever play in the screen will now be fixed with the bracket which is also glued down fixed.

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 am

ZahcStarKiller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Are you a US or EUR order ? Not seen much feedback from EU customers, would be nice to see if mine reach expectations. :D
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

EriolGaurhoth

Post by EriolGaurhoth » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey all, I'm looking for tips on how to get my screen to sit straight inside my build. I've been fighting my LCD screen and HoolyHoo bracket for hours now, trying to get the screen to sit straight but to no avail. The screen itself fits nicely into the bracket, but the bracket...is not playing nicely with the GBO case. There's a few mm of wiggle room along the sides and if I glue one side of the bracket flush with one side of the GBO case, the screen tilts one way, and if I do the same to another side, it tilts the other way. I must have glued/unglued the bracket from the case at least 10 times now and am at my wit's end. Any pointers on how to get my screen properly aligned would be much appreciated.

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 am

EriolGaurhoth wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm
Hey all, I'm looking for tips on how to get my screen to sit straight inside my build. I've been fighting my LCD screen and HoolyHoo bracket for hours now, trying to get the screen to sit straight but to no avail. The screen itself fits nicely into the bracket, but the bracket...is not playing nicely with the GBO case. There's a few mm of wiggle room along the sides and if I glue one side of the bracket flush with one side of the GBO case, the screen tilts one way, and if I do the same to another side, it tilts the other way. I must have glued/unglued the bracket from the case at least 10 times now and am at my wit's end. Any pointers on how to get my screen properly aligned would be much appreciated.
Since not all cases are exactly the same (even some original ones differ from each other) this is bound to happen from time to time. I had the same problem.

It is important that you do not glue down anything unless you are absolutely sure things are sitting correctly. Otherwise you are looking at a lot more work for fixing things.
Get your GBZ booting and displaying an image before you glue in the screen. With the system running while fitting the screen it is much easier to see if it is tilted. Try to use thin double-sided tape to fix down the bracket – it is much easier to make adjustments this way. Once everything looks okay, use hot glue.
That's how I managed to fix my tilted screen.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

EriolGaurhoth

Post by EriolGaurhoth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 am

neolith wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 am
EriolGaurhoth wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm
Since not all cases are exactly the same (even some original ones differ from each other) this is bound to happen from time to time. I had the same problem.

It is important that you do not glue down anything unless you are absolutely sure things are sitting correctly. Otherwise you are looking at a lot more work for fixing things.
Get your GBZ booting and displaying an image before you glue in the screen. With the system running while fitting the screen it is much easier to see if it is tilted. Try to use thin double-sided tape to fix down the bracket – it is much easier to make adjustments this way. Once everything looks okay, use hot glue.
That's how I managed to fix my tilted screen.
Thanks a bunch! I did just that. I was initially afraid to hot glue with the board running so not to get glue on the board, but it was much easier to align that way. I didn't have double-sided tape on hand, but I was able to coil some regular tape very thinly and that did the trick in keeping the bracket in place just long enough to glue. I appreciate the help!