[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
HoolyHoo

Re: [For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:37 am

EriolGaurhoth wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 am
neolith wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 am
EriolGaurhoth wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm
Hey all, I'm looking for tips on how to get my screen to sit straight inside my build. I've been fighting my LCD screen and HoolyHoo bracket for hours now, trying to get the screen to sit straight but to no avail. The screen itself fits nicely into the bracket, but the bracket...is not playing nicely with the GBO case. There's a few mm of wiggle room along the sides and if I glue one side of the bracket flush with one side of the GBO case, the screen tilts one way, and if I do the same to another side, it tilts the other way. I must have glued/unglued the bracket from the case at least 10 times now and am at my wit's end. Any pointers on how to get my screen properly aligned would be much appreciated.
Since not all cases are exactly the same (even some original ones differ from each other) this is bound to happen from time to time. I had the same problem.

It is important that you do not glue down anything unless you are absolutely sure things are sitting correctly. Otherwise you are looking at a lot more work for fixing things.
Get your GBZ booting and displaying an image before you glue in the screen. With the system running while fitting the screen it is much easier to see if it is tilted. Try to use thin double-sided tape to fix down the bracket – it is much easier to make adjustments this way. Once everything looks okay, use hot glue.
That's how I managed to fix my tilted screen.
Thanks a bunch! I did just that. I was initially afraid to hot glue with the board running so not to get glue on the board, but it was much easier to align that way. I didn't have double-sided tape on hand, but I was able to coil some regular tape very thinly and that did the trick in keeping the bracket in place just long enough to glue. I appreciate the help!
Sorry I’m late and thank you Neolith for taking the time with your suggestions :D You are absolutely right. Because of slight variances in the shell of case manufacturers, it’s possible that a little finagling is necessary. Your suggestions of aligning everything when the screen is lit, makes it much easier to visualize. :D Usually I align everything and temporarily secure with some Kapton tape before using any hot glue. Once I’m sure everything is centered, I mark my drill holes and make those cuts. After that I repeat the process using the drilled holes as a guide to where I know bracket should be centered, place a little tape to temporarily hold everything, check for alignment and then hot glue everything.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:11 am

PIXeL_92 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 am
ZahcStarKiller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 pm
I got the PSP screen bracket and 4 button backboard in today from HoolyHoo, holy smokes. The quality on these prints and parts is absolutely phenomenal.

I strongly recommend ordering any of his products. They look like they were made in a factory.
Are you a US or EUR order ? Not seen much feedback from EU customers, would be nice to see if mine reach expectations. :D
I believe mine came from yourself - Im based in Aus 😎

Absolutely pristine work 👍🏻

Fish17

Post by Fish17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 am

Hooly I sent u another pm I’m looking for 3 pieces.

The SNES bracket, the AIO Power Module and the fan mount.

Let me know the total and I can send payment via PayPal.

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am

I would like to order a PSP style, but I would need it to be in black, how would I be able to tell the sender what color I want?
reason is that I need it in black is that Im making a dual color with see through front, and white clashes with the theme.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am

Fish17 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 am
Hooly I sent u another pm I’m looking for 3 pieces.

The SNES bracket, the AIO Power Module and the fan mount.

Let me know the total and I can send payment via PayPal.
Sorry missed the PM. The fan mount is not ready yet. I'll PM you details in a bit.
Sasherz wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am
I would like to order a PSP style, but I would need it to be in black, how would I be able to tell the sender what color I want?
reason is that I need it in black is that Im making a dual color with see through front, and white clashes with the theme.
PM me after ordering. We will get it worked out for you. Thanks.

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:36 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am
Sasherz wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am
PM me after ordering. We will get it worked out for you. Thanks.
PM sendt on the forum here

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:11 am
PIXeL_92 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 am
ZahcStarKiller wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 pm
I got the PSP screen bracket and 4 button backboard in today from HoolyHoo, holy smokes. The quality on these prints and parts is absolutely phenomenal.

I strongly recommend ordering any of his products. They look like they were made in a factory.
Are you a US or EUR order ? Not seen much feedback from EU customers, would be nice to see if mine reach expectations. :D
I believe mine came from yourself - Im based in Aus 😎

Absolutely pristine work 👍🏻
Hey man,

Yeah that would be me, it was the black request wasn't it.

Cheers for the feedback :D
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 am

[/quote]

Hey man,

[/quote]

Sure was 👍🏻 Out in the sticks here 🇦🇺. A glass bed if ive ever seen one? The flat surfaces are like silk!

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:16 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:18 am
Hey man,

[/quote]

Sure was 👍🏻 Out in the sticks here 🇦🇺. A glass bed if ive ever seen one? The flat surfaces are like silk!
[/quote]

Yeah man, love printing on a glass bed bases are so smooth lol :D
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

axtran

Post by axtran » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

PSP Bracket Owners: How large are you drilling the hole for the PSP analog stick?