Overclocking

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Kichinokimi

Overclocking

Post by Kichinokimi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 pm

I have literally 0 experience with overclocking so I'm not planning to for my build. Does this mean I shouldn't worry too much about heat between the battery and the pi? Also what are the benefits of clocking? I really want this to end up playing gba games so I dont think it would be needed anyway

rodocop

Re: Overclocking

Post by rodocop » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 pm

The minty pi image has an overclock built in. You can turn it off though. It will help a bit with gba and snes. But most games play good with or without an overclock.

As for heat, it shouldn't be an issue. Especially if you use the thermal pad to dissipate heat like wermy suggests in his videos.

Kichinokimi

Post by Kichinokimi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Thanks much! I guess I'll just order the thermal pad if the overclock is just built in. I'm sure i'll need the rest for future projects anyway. Thanks for the reply

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 am

yeah, it's handy to have the thermal pad. When i say the overclock is built in, I mean that it is enabled, when normally it isn't. All you need to do to disable it is add some "#" in front of the overclock lines in the config.txt, very simple.