Ways to mute audio help

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Vineheart01

Ways to mute audio help

Post by Vineheart01 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:03 pm

What i mean is i finally got the stupid audio working on my 2nd GBZ im making for my brother (amp problems...) but i noticed a problem i was not expecting.

I cant turn the sound off lol.

I turn the B103 volume knob all the way down and i can still hear the game playing. I didnt have this issue last time, but my 1st GBZ was PWM Audio while this one is HDMI so its probably considerably stronger (also the amp is after the knob/phonejack rather than between the knob/phonejack)

My guess is i can just put a resistor in the L/R audio lines, but that would also cut the max volume and audio stuff isnt my forte so far as i know that could accidentally choke it entirely lol. I have 10, 100, 150, 1k, and 10k resisters on hand. Given how much crap this audio setup was giving me i kinda dont want to tear it apart and just experiment, is putting a resister in-line a wise idea?
edit: using the mono amp from adafruit, 10ohm resisters are being used to bridge the L/R after the phonejack into a single signal.

jakejm79

Re: Ways to mute audio help

Post by jakejm79 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Have you tried turning the volume down in the ES software?

Vineheart01

Re: Ways to mute audio help

Post by Vineheart01 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:19 am

And this is why i asked before cutting things up. That sounds like a much, much simpler solution lol....derp