OpenGL on Circuit Sword

Dukana

OpenGL on Circuit Sword

Post by Dukana » Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm

I know this is incredibly dumb, but I want to run the Mesa 3D Open GL drivers on my Circuit Sword. The issue is with the line in config.txt

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

With this enabled, the screen doesn't work. If I comment it out, it boots fine. With it enabled, I can SSH in to the device, so I know it's running, but not displaying properly.

Please help!

kite

Re: OpenGL on Circuit Sword

Post by kite » Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am

I've never done this before, however quick googling shows similar issues when doing with HDMI (did you try HDMI too?).

From a github issue it appears they fixed something in the 'stretch' image (which the current available image for CSO is not). In the coming weeks I will be making a stretch image so it would be a good idea to test then :) if you can get it working on a regular pi3, please detail the steps and i'll see if there's anything that I need to do. The CSO drives the LCD directly via special config, hopefully the opengl stuff doesn't ignore that..
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

jamisnemo

Post by jamisnemo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm waiting for the last bits to complete my build but I am also heavily interested in running OpenGL ES on the Circuit Sword. It would be great to know more about what the current limitation is.

The standard rasp-config tool allows you to enable OpenGL ES on standard Raspbian pretty easily. There are OpenGL ES examples are somewhere under /opt that should compile okay pretty much out of the box as well.

EriolGaurhoth

Post by EriolGaurhoth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Not sure what the status on this is, but I haven't been able to get the OpenGL drivers to work, either the real or "fake" versions to run using Kite's latest image. The real drivers just give me a black screen, whereas the fake driver boots to command line but won't run emulationstation. Just thought I'd chime in as someone else who made the attempt.