Play it loud case and clear game boy DMG shell

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
winnetouch

Play it loud case and clear game boy DMG shell

Post by winnetouch » Sun May 20, 2018 3:26 am

Hy. I'm having trouble sourcing two items. They can be repros (actually it's preferred since I'm on a tight budget).

1) A shell for the DMG gameboy that is clear. Not the milky clear you get from china, I'm talking about the PURE clear shell with the logo in purple. It doesn't have to be original it can be a repro, it's just important to me that it's that version of the shell :P.

2) A play it loud clear case. I've been looking for this for quite a while. It doesn't have to have the inlays or anything. I just need the case. It can also be a repro. Doesn't matter to me.

If anyone has any of these or knows where I could source them please drop me a line :).

Lphillimore

Re: Play it loud case and clear game boy DMG shell

Post by Lphillimore » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi,

1) You can't (as far as I know) acquire the original repos of the clear Play It Loud cases unfortunately, only the cloudy ones as you mention. Your only option is to find a potentially broken or old original in good condition and re-purpose the shell.

2) I have a couple of these and now and again they come up on eBay etc. but aren't often cheap :(

- https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GameBoy-Ori ... Swa~BYSBWz

Regards

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Tue May 22, 2018 8:48 am

Cool but none of those post to Slovenia :'D

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 am

I have a spare PIL Case, the only thing even though we are both in the EU postage on its own is still going to be around £16 due to it's size.
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:02 pm

PIXeL_92 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 am
I have a spare PIL Case, the only thing even though we are both in the EU postage on its own is still going to be around £16 due to it's size.
That's lame. Hm... I'll be in Germany for the next 3 months or so, so I'll have to check around here if I can find anything :).

Holydohnut

Post by Holydohnut » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Good gravy! I have one of those cases languishing in my cupboard. Imagine them being worth that much!!!