[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
SudoBoy

Re: [IN STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by SudoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Is tracking accurate for these orders? I ordered mine right away, and there's been no change in the tracking status for over two weeks. It's still shows the thing stuck in China.

Killar

Post by Killar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:44 pm

SudoBoy wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm
Is tracking accurate for these orders? I ordered mine right away, and there's been no change in the tracking status for over two weeks. It's still shows the thing stuck in China.
no.. :( i have experienced there isn't much updates on cheap shipping from china. only when shipped and when arriving in the destination country :roll:

Moonsword

Post by Moonsword » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm

I had my batteries delivered yesterday.
I just had a small issue with one of the solar lights, who ever put in one of the screws stripped out the head, made it rather hard to get it back out so I could get the battery out.

ako5ta

Post by ako5ta » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi, I had a similar issue, ended up forcing the plate off which kind of dropped the battery on the floor. Kept an eye on it for a few days to make sure it didn't do any damage to it but looks fine.

SeveredinTwain

Post by SeveredinTwain » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:06 pm

I have an issue where one of the soldered leads for the battery pack came off. I'm fairly new to soldering, is there anything I should be aware of when soldering the lead back on to the pack? I am kind of worried about having a high temperature soldering iron next to a lipo battery, any tips you might have would be useful.

hawker180

Post by hawker180 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 pm

SeveredinTwain wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:06 pm
I have an issue where one of the soldered leads for the battery pack came off. I'm fairly new to soldering, is there anything I should be aware of when soldering the lead back on to the pack? I am kind of worried about having a high temperature soldering iron next to a lipo battery, any tips you might have would be useful.
Mine was the same. Actually one wire was completely disconnected when I opened the light. The second is hanging on by a thread. Yeah you have to be super careful soldering next to a lipo. In and out quick smart😉.

I haven't attempted mine yet, but I will soldering it outside.
Custom 3D printed NES - Completed
Black CM3 Sword underway

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:41 am

SudoBoy wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm
How usefull tracking is very much varies from country to country and what shipping service/channel is used. I know that tracking for US orders is kinda bad but this is the low cost option I have. I could maybe offer an alternative premium shipping but it would come at a cost.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:52 am

SeveredinTwain wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:06 pm
Yeah I had few reports about a wire getting loose and battery manufacturer and light manufacturer were notified about it to keep an eye on it during battery handling.
The thing isn't all that hard or dangerous to fix since you'll be soldering on protection pcb and not actual battery.
Just take a scalpel or sharpie and cut through blue tape on side where wires come out to expose wire connections and solder it back. You can then cover it back with some kapton tape.
rsz_img_20180710_183726.jpg
rsz_img_20180710_183726.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 10263 times
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:09 pm

This may be a random question, but how long can I have this battery sit? I actually bought one a long while back. Tested it, but didn't necessarily finish the project that used it. So it's kinda been sitting around for a bit (months). I didn't really charge it or anything. I'm gonna test it again when I find out where I put it.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:40 am

As long as it isn't below 3v then its safe to use