My finished Circuit Sword.

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
CastleTiles

My finished Circuit Sword.

Post by CastleTiles » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 am

Finally finished my circuit sword build. Pretty standard build. I painted it Stardust Grey and covered it in polycrylic and polished it to a mirror finish. I added a Nintendo decal in Eurostyle Bold Extended. I was watching a lot of sci-fi films and noticed how much that font appears everywhere in them (2001, Wall-e, Blade Runner, Aliens, et al) I also like that it really echoes the general industrial design of the gameboy case. I was really going for a retro imagined future theme similar to those films.
Big ups to Kite for all his hard work on this project and especially for fixing my circuit sword after some pretty severe damage on a pcb trace. And thank you everyone at the forums, I have never posted before, but utilized this site to find lots of answers to questions during the build and the help during It was invaluable.
IMG_4156.JPG
IMG_4156.JPG (277.96 KiB) Viewed 3335 times

Killar

Re: My finished Circuit Sword.

Post by Killar » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 am

Love the custom look of it.
That is what i always like about this forum, and the tinkering community . Many people do custom look of their build. :D
CastleTiles wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 am
Finally finished my circuit sword build. Pretty standard build. I painted it Stardust Grey and covered it in polycrylic and polished it to a mirror finish. I added a Nintendo decal in Eurostyle Bold Extended. I was watching a lot of sci-fi films and noticed how much that font appears everywhere in them (2001, Wall-e, Blade Runner, Aliens, et al) I also like that it really echoes the general industrial design of the gameboy case. I was really going for a retro imagined future theme similar to those films.
Big ups to Kite for all his hard work on this project and especially for fixing my circuit sword after some pretty severe damage on a pcb trace. And thank you everyone at the forums, I have never posted before, but utilized this site to find lots of answers to questions during the build and the help during It was invaluable.
IMG_4156.JPG

Warzone1320

Post by Warzone1320 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Nice build! The clear definitely makes it look future retro.

No Hands 55

Post by No Hands 55 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:34 pm

This looks great!! any other pictures? would love to see the finish from different angles
SuperGameGirl Build:
https://imgur.com/a/KuBRE