Minty Pi v3 FAQ

General mintyPi-related chat goes here. Share ideas, ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums, etc.
LilTrublMakr

Re: Minty Pi v3 FAQ

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 am

Typo on my part. It's fixed. I like to keep 1 one the when preorders begin just so people can see when it has a little bit of history to see if it has changed. Thanks for the spot though.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 pm

So I figured I'd post what you NEED to buy for the v3 so people can get ready a bit and also throw a little more info to the FAQ.

You will need:
  • A tin (Altoids or whatever)
  • Raspberry Pi Zero (W)
  • A Micro SD Card (8GB or larger)
  • A Soldering Iron with Thin Tip (I use 63/37 thin Solder)
  • Some Soldering Skills and might be good idea to get the mintyPi Practice Boards
  • 3D parts with the Rubber Buttons I had custom made (Wermy will be selling both 3D parts and Buttons, I will not)
  • Some M2 screws (M2x3mm ,M2x4mm, M2x8mm), Wermy will include these with his 3D parts so not needed unless you Print Your Own parts
Optional:
  • Cell Phone battery if you live outside the USA or want to buy your own (dimensions mentioned in this thread, 4 pin battery like S3 Mini)

that's it, if it's not listed here then you will not need to buy it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Wailer

Post by Wailer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:04 pm

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 am
Typo on my part. It's fixed. I like to keep 1 one the when preorders begin just so people can see when it has a little bit of history to see if it has changed. Thanks for the spot though.
That's much better 😁 .
Thanks for maintaining this faq, good job.
👍

NNORSE

Post by NNORSE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 am

Perhaps a foolish question. As "that's it, if it's not listed here then you will not need to buy it." is written. Will I not need any adhesive or additional wiring at all? There's no mention of a speaker that I can see either?

Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 am

If it's not mentioned then it's included like the speaker and no wiring is needed (except the speaker) in this just like I said above if not mentioned not needed. 8-)

Everything is soldered to the board including the Pi that you have to do, only thing that needs wiring is the Speaker and that will be 2 tiny wires.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 am

Helder wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 am
If it's not mentioned then it's included like the speaker and no wiring is needed (except the speaker) in this just like I said above if not mentioned not needed. 8-)

Everything is soldered to the board including the Pi that you have to do, only thing that needs wiring is the Speaker and that will be 2 tiny wires.
In fact it’s a LEGO MintyPi :lol: just assemble it yourself :mrgreen:

Very impressive ! You pushed the limit way beyond what we could expect.

Now people will have no excuse to mess the build :lol:
Follow me on instagram Image

roddie

Post by roddie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 am

YaYa wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 am
Now people will have no excuse to mess the build :lol:
Challenge accepted

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:18 pm

NOOOOOO!!!!

The pi is and always will be the hardest part of this or any mintyPi build, so get those practice boards because as I have no intention of selling one board or another because people mess them up.

MrDralixx

Post by MrDralixx » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Ok. I'll be the dummy and ask.....

By "like an S3 Mini".

Did you mean galaxy s3 or galaxy s3 mini? Or both? So they use the same battery in either?

Just asking as i have a spare S3.

Thanks. Looking forward to one I cant flub like I did the other 2. lol

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Take some measurements and compare to what is said on the first post of the thread and I meant a galaxy s3 mini but many other kinds will work it all depends on the size and thickness of the battery.