PSP Emulator Settings on CSO, D-Pad

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
reipet

PSP Emulator Settings on CSO, D-Pad

Post by reipet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Hello all,

I couldn't find any solution for my issues.
For the PSP Emulator (PPPSP) I got some Games running on the CSO but I realized the D-Pad is not working at all.
I could map the buttons in the settings menu of pppsp but the D-Pad inputs are not recognized. Also Joystick not.
With external Keyboard it can be used.

2nd I played around with the Settings a bit, even its very complicated on the small screen. When I boot into HDMI mode the picture on the TV is gone once I start the Emulator. Still sometimes the game is running but on picture one the screen.
I even don't know how to share the settings for each game to you.

But It could be an help for everybody to share their settings for CSO for PSP or other emulators.
Even on the Retropie page there are not so much Games confirmed running for the PSP I think with tweaking much more is possible.

Would be great to get input and share the information with whole community.

THX!

VeteranGamer

Re: PSP Emulator Settings on CSO, D-Pad

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:32 am

This may not be of any help....

But...
Have you tried lr-ppsspp (might need downloading)

It might not give better performance than the one your using...
But the controls should be configured....

Surgical_Precision

Re: PSP Emulator Settings on CSO, D-Pad

Post by Surgical_Precision » Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 am

Using lr-ppsspp on the CS (Compute Module 3), I got a few games to run well using the default settings. So far I've tried Lumines, Canabalt, Patapon and LocoRoco which all seem perfectly playable except that text is sometimes hard to read due to the lower resolution (PSP has 272x480, CS is letterboxed on 240x320). Bit of slowdown in LocoRoco at the end of the level (lots of particle effects), but that doesn't affect gameplay really. I've only tried the first level in Patapon, so I don't know if it holds up with more dudes on screen.

By contrast, I couldn't get WipeOut Pure to run at full speed no matter what I tried (turning off textures did the trick, but come on). It's almost there, but still clearly in slow-mo and with awful broken audio. It would maybe work if you could render at the display resolution (would be something like 181x320, so 44.5% of the pixels), but I didn't find a way to render at non-integer / sub-native scaling.

I ran into the same problems as you with using the standalone version of PPSSPP (didn't get the impression that performance was much better, either): accessing options is a pain and I can't configure the controls, the emulator doesn't register them. In any case, considering how the CM3 struggles I don't think the Pi Zero is a feasible platform for PSP emulation.