[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Olywa123

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Olywa123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 am
I don't real understand what you want then, in the same post you are asking for a updated order timeline for all orders, when I give you that you somehow still shoot it down?

2 weeks is the timeline. If anything changes I'll update here.
You really can't understand why I might be a bit skeptical? :shock:
We've been told "don't worry guys everything will be done in 2 weeks" or similar several times here already and when that time passes people have to again ask for updates instead of being informed.

Looking at peoples order numbers there must be a couple of hundred orders still outstanding (boards/kits & pre-builts).

Are you saying ALL outstanding orders will be fulfilled in 2 weeks time (all tiers, all variations of the product)?

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:46 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 am
I don't real understand what you want then, in the same post you are asking for a updated order timeline for all orders, when I give you that you somehow still shoot it down?

2 weeks is the timeline. If anything changes I'll update here.
I don't want to here "2 weeks tops".
I have heard that so many times. You are bad at calculations.

I want to know total numbers. How many kits have been already sent out and how many kits are left?

And I askes this a few times and this question has always been ignored: Are you finished with cutting shells or are you still cutting?

DjoshUnchained

Post by DjoshUnchained » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:54 am

Order #1928 here and I've been following this here without creating an account too after hearing nothing back via email.

Trying not to be deliberately obtuse here but I feel like I've been more than patient leading up to this, at this point the only thing I'll believe is a shipping notice.

pozooo

Post by pozooo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:13 am

I’m ok with two weeks notice, but i also understand why others demand more detailed update. We’ve heard those promises before, but there has been some issues also on the way.

I don’t care about those numbers, but rather status update (like case mods, testing, packing and shipping progress). Then there are them pre build that take their own time. Every order is somehow unique so i understand they not easy to put in complete numbers.

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

RogerX wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am
Hey all, I know wermy, most of the other mods, and Bluup personally. They're honest, earnest, hardworking humans. Nobody's conspiring to delay what you've paid for or take the money and run. I understand your frustration - it's especially common in this community because of the nature of small-batch kit prototyping, manufacturing, assembling and shipping. But wermy (who is our sudomod community leader but unaffiliated with GG from a business standpoint) and Bluup aren't gonna run away with your money, they're real humans. While venting is understandable, and asking for timelines is reasonable... past that, something I try to keep in mind when writing a comment these days is: Is my comment helpful, relevant, and kind?
Please don't take my comment about moderators personally. The fact is this is happening. On the sudomod forum, in the sudomod classifieds, to sudomod members. At some point the members of this forum need to be protected.

All I was pointing out is that these kinds of things can get out of control. I don't want to see that happen here like it has with other communities I've been a part of.

RogerX

Post by RogerX » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am

AntFJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am
Please don't take my comment about moderators personally. The fact is this is happening. On the sudomod forum, in the sudomod classifieds, to sudomod members. At some point the members of this forum need to be protected.

All I was pointing out is that these kinds of things can get out of control. I don't want to see that happen here like it has with other communities I've been a part of.
I hear you, and I'm saying we're hyper-aware of it and we won't let it happen here. I've watched it go down and I think it's just Konnor got more orders than he can reasonably crank out and - speculating - he probably thinks no news is better than bad news. But to your point too, I'm sure you've been around these types of projects enough to know that Galaxy Gaming isn't a large multinational corp. It's a couple of dudes, trying to deliver hundreds of kits outside their jobs and families. I've learned to bake in many months of delays into these projects. Helder is one of the hardest working people I know, did everything right, had flawless prototypes, and the factory screwed him on the final PCBs, sending everything into delay after delay as it got sorted out. Makers become victims of their own success. Customers pay money and hate sitting without the money and not getting regular updates. Updates are picked over by the mob and criticized to no end. Makers become less incented to post comprehensive updates.

The opposite end of the spectrum is this, which all of our mods are aware of and horrified by. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... e-cabinets
-RogerX
Instagram & Twitter: @iamroot ( http://instagram.com/iamroot )
sudomod Discord: Roger the Bananaman

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am

AntFJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

I get what you're saying, and I agree with you. If there were any indication that GG was planning on running off with your money and not making good on their orders, they'd be banned immediately. But that's not the case here, people are getting their orders, it's just taking a lot longer than anticipated. So when you say "At some point the members of this forum need to be protected," I'm not sure what there is I or anyone outside of GG could do in this case.

Again though, I do think they need to do a better job of updating people in this thread. I'll ping GG (Bluup has already done the same, but one more ping can't hurt 😬).
ImageImageImageImage

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 am

RogerX wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am
I'm sure you've been around these types of projects enough to know that Galaxy Gaming isn't a large multinational corp. It's a couple of dudes, trying to deliver hundreds of kits outside their jobs and families. I've learned to bake in many months of delays into these projects.
I think everyone gets that Galaxy Gaming isn't a large multinational corp. Everyone understands that this is a garage business/side project thing. And as far as I can tell (IMHO) everyone has been extremely reasonable about the delays and forgiving about the long periods without communication.

I am guessing that a lot of the frustration comes from the failure to set proper expectations followed by the repeated bouts of no communication. Over and over we have seen an expectation get set ("devices coming in X days!"), then X days pass without any shipments, and people raise a bunch of noise asking what is going on, and then eventually we get some updates about what happened to cause the delay long after the fact. Once is understandable... but why the same loop over and over?

All of this frustration could have been avoided by just keeping everyone in the loop closer to real-time. "Hey guys, I know I said stuff would ship in X days, but I just got the PCB's back and there are some errors... I don't know how long that sets us back, but I will update next week to let you know where things stand". So on and so forth. THAT is how a small hobby business should work. And I think everyone here would be fine with that. Nobody needs to be reminded that this isn't a big business because that isn't a standard anyone is expecting.

RogerX

Post by RogerX » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:28 am

Zero101 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 am
RogerX wrote:
I'm sure you've been around these types of projects enough to know that Galaxy Gaming isn't a large multinational corp. It's a couple of dudes, trying to deliver hundreds of kits outside their jobs and families. I've learned to bake in many months of delays into these projects.
I think everyone gets that Galaxy Gaming isn't a large multinational corp. Everyone understands that this is a garage business/side project thing. And as far as I can tell (IMHO) everyone has been extremely reasonable about the delays and forgiving about the long periods without communication.

I am guessing that a lot of the frustration comes from the failure to set proper expectations followed by the repeated bouts of no communication. Over and over we have seen an expectation get set ("devices coming in X days!"), then X days pass without any shipments, and people raise a bunch of noise asking what is going on, and then eventually we get some updates about what happened to cause the delay long after the fact. Once is understandable... but why the same loop over and over?

All of this frustration could have been avoided by just keeping everyone in the loop closer to real-time. "Hey guys, I know I said stuff would ship in X days, but I just got the PCB's back and there are some errors... I don't know how long that sets us back, but I will update next week to let you know where things stand". So on and so forth. THAT is how a small hobby business should work. And I think everyone here would be fine with that. Nobody needs to be reminded that this isn't a big business because that isn't a standard anyone is expecting.
I agree with you. I just don't think the two positions need to be at odds with each other. It can be both the case that you're justifiably frustrated AND we need to strike a balance between asking for updates & becoming a "let's burn the site down!" mob. Many people have shown up saying they're frustrated and don't have product. Both the principals have weighed in and the site owner. They've all validated the frustrations.

Posts after that just read as "but I don't think you understand just how mad I am and precisely why I am mad," which are just unproductive public venting. :(

EDIT: I'm not as in the loop as I thought, so I'm thanking Konnor for his updates from the principal GG guy, but I understand why you'd be frustrated if the guy who actually took the money isn't updating.
-RogerX
Instagram & Twitter: @iamroot ( http://instagram.com/iamroot )
sudomod Discord: Roger the Bananaman

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm

RogerX wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:28 am
Zero101 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 am
RogerX wrote:

I agree with you. I just don't think the two positions need to be at odds with each other. It can be both the case that you're justifiably frustrated AND we need to strike a balance between asking for updates & becoming a "let's burn the site down!" mob. Many people have shown up saying they're frustrated and don't have product. Both the principals have weighed in and the site owner. They've all validated the frustrations.

Posts after that just read as "but I don't think you understand just how mad I am and precisely why I am mad," which are just unproductive public venting. :(

EDIT: I'm not as in the loop as I thought, so I'm thanking Konnor for his updates from the principal GG guy, but I understand why you'd be frustrated if the guy who actually took the money isn't updating.
Yeah I understand that too, the reason I am primarily doing the updates here alongside bluup is to take the load off of Rich (GG) and that way less time is focused on telling people kits are coming soon and more time actually making sure the kits are all sorted.

Regarding prebuilts, I'm told these will take a little longer than the kits and they are being done in order of purchase so if you ordered yours earlier it'll be shipped sooner.