Possible incorrect image?

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Booticus

Possible incorrect image?

Post by Booticus » Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm putting my mintypi together and have gotten the board put together correctly, buttons seem to be working and all, but the version of retropie I downloaded, despite being labelled mintypi v3, does not appear to be correct. The screen is not formatted to the right size, the mintypi loading screen does not appear at all, and the magnet shut down doesn't seem to be present, or at least not fully. Does anyone have a link to the correct image or have i just done something wrong?

Booticus

Re: Possible incorrect image?

Post by Booticus » Tue May 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Ok, so screen size was just my imagination. Its just missing the mintypi startup animation, and it doesn't finish the shutdown sequence with the magnet

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed May 08, 2019 4:25 am

They removed the MintyPi and Sudomod animation in the latest image. That is working as expected.

What does it do when you try to shut it down with the magnet? Does it try to shut down and not turn off or does it do nothing at all?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 am

Oh man I guess I have to make a topic about this, the Magnet will shut the Pi down but it will hang on a text screen because power is not killed and what kills the power is on the Powerboard.

So if you are powering the Pi from USB directly like many people do while testing things it will not work properly without the powerboard being attached. Also be sure the image you use is the mintyPi v3 not one labeled v3 or v4 when the build instructions are for the v2. There is a wiki with everything needed for the v3, try to use that one.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Booticus

Post by Booticus » Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks Helder and LilTrublMakr, I had gotten the image from the build guide link so I believe it is the correct one with the information you guys have given.

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 am

So you are still having problems with the halls shutdown?
Are you powering the board through the powerboard and wire harness and not plugging it directly in to the Pi?
Are you sure there are no bent pins in either side of the wire harness connectors like so?:

Booticus

Post by Booticus » Sat May 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Hey, so the magnet shutdown was as helder said just a result of plugging the pi into a power source directly rather than having it assembled with the battery. The shutdown now works as intended and I just worried over a misunderstanding of how it worked

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun May 12, 2019 5:04 am

Yeah, I completely forgot about it needing the power board to work correctly. I added it to my list of troubleshooting steps lol. But I am glad it is working correctly.