[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
mattogodoy

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by mattogodoy » Tue May 14, 2019 3:15 am

Well, to be honest getting only the board would not be great. I liked the project because of the full kit and not having to buy separate parts from several places. I'm at the verge of asking for a refund, and if the kits will not include everything that's needed to build the pocketPi I'll definitely cancel my order.
I understand that it's time consuming, but he should seek for help at this point and deliver.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 am

I understand that, and we did think that for a lot that is the attraction of the kit. The boards option wouldn't require you to buy parts from all over, they would still be in one kit as e have all the parts, it's the labour that's time consuming. The kit would contain everything except the case/shell would need manual cutting.
Nothing is definite yet, we're just trying to find a way to satisfy everyone. Rich from GG said he will post tonight and explain things.

mattogodoy

Post by mattogodoy » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 am

An option could be adding the original shell uncut, so we can do it at home but there is no need to go find it somewhere else.
Not that it would make me very happy, but it's better than no case at all.

Looking forward to Rich's post.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 14, 2019 5:23 am

Apologies, that is what I meant with board only, I just didn't make that very clear.
It would contain all the components you need, just minus the shell cutting. I know that's not ideal but we can tell people don't want it delayed any more, and we have all the parts to ship these things! I just thought it was worth offering that option.

mattogodoy

Post by mattogodoy » Tue May 14, 2019 5:34 am

Well, it's not a bad idea. I actually enjoy doing that kind of stuff, but I can't speak for everyone.
I appreciate your effort in trying to solve things.

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Tue May 14, 2019 6:32 am

Right then, I've heard enough. How do I go about requesting a full refund?

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue May 14, 2019 7:05 am

He will be on tonight I think he will address things

Olywa123

Post by Olywa123 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am

Bluup wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:23 am
I know that's not ideal but we can tell people don't want it delayed any more.
I think you are missing the point Bluup, people have ALWAYS said here that they were willing to wait, but not without information. It is COMMUNICATION people want(ed) and I'm glad to hear Rich is going to finally make an appearance but I don't expect he's in a position to provide Realistic delivery schedules tonight, just more promises (to later be broken).

I appreciate you are exploring options but I believe shipping the product 'not as sold' will lead to just more frustration and cancellations. Some might not have the tools for cutting the shells or would prefer it done by someone experienced which is why they ordered them in the first place (presumably the cost of this was also built into what was paid?).

Please read my post on the previous page, I strongly encourage that as the way forward, Perhaps with a commitment from Rich to come on here once a week to update.

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 am

If the plan is to send me a kit without a modified shell, I will be asking for a refund.

I get that Rich is probably overwhelmed and there is a lot of work to do... maybe more than he is capable of. But nobody forced him to do MULTIPLE rounds of preorders. I put my order in over 8 months ago now. Suffice it to say, it would make me extremely unhappy to wait the better part of a year and then get something different from what I ordered.

Given the circumstances (almost no communication and constant missed milestones), I think most people have been extremely forgiving and patient here. To then ship them an diminished product on top of all that would be horrible.

Nozbotoro

Post by Nozbotoro » Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 am

Hi All,

Been following the thread for a while. Just wanted to post to say that I have received my order and here are my details regarding it:-

Order number: 1847
Order Date: 4th September 2018
Tier: 1

Agree the communication hasn't been great but the orders are being processed at least. I actually ordered another PocketPi Kit in Tier 2 but they must be processing them in some sort of order rather than batch orders. Hopefully this alleviates some concerns around the orders but I can completely understand the frustration given the original timeframes.

Kit looks absolutely brilliant by the way, really looking forward to building it as soon as I can.

Thanks
Attachments
2019-05-14 15.50.42.jpg
2019-05-14 15.50.42.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 20272 times