[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Zero101

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Zero101 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am

I am really surprised at the continued lack of communication. So much of the angst and stress in here could be so easily resolved by just having Rich/GalaxyGaming pop in and give a quick "here's where I am at and what I have planned for the next week or so" every week. What is the status of the PayPal refunds? How are things going with the cases? When can we expect some more shipments to come out and how many will be in that batch? These are all reasonable questions that shouldn't be hard to answer.

I genuinely sympathize with the situation and how much effort and money has gone into this. I am not discounting the hurdle that needs to be overcome. And I appreciate the people trying to communicate on GG's behalf (Bluup especially). But it is kind of ridiculous at this point that there are still so many people with no product in their hands and no idea of when (or if) they will ever see it. It has been said over and over that people just want to be kept in the loop and know what is going on and yet we keep getting hit with walls of silence for weeks at a time. Supposedly there was going to be an update last night or early this morning. What happened?

I want this project to succeed and I am rooting for Rich/GG, but he is not doing himself any favors here. I know it isn't fun to deal with critics or answer tough answers, but there is more harm being done to his credibility and longterm success by constantly avoiding the discussion here.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am

Rich, I've spoken to Bluup in detail and have come to learn that your role in this endeavor is cutting / drilling the cases and shipping orders. Bluup hand soldered the boards and fulfilled getting the other ones fabricated. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around waiting for 10 months for some cut cases... Can you elaborate on what's holding your end of the deal up here?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 am

smarm wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:46 am
Ignoring the fact orders aren’t being shipped in the order they were placed at, the lack of communication or acknowledgement is too much for me. Simple communication isn’t held up by a frozen PayPal account, an option for those in the UK is to use the small claims process to seek your money back:

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim
Heedermann wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:28 am
I support this suggestion. Do make an offer to everyone, who doesn't want to wait anymore and who is able and willing to cut his cases himself.
E.g.: You get the presoldered kit and everything else as ordered, but without a precut case. If you except this offer, you get 10 GBP per kit back and a shipping notification within the next 3 days. If we fail to ship within those 3 days, you get 3 GBP for every extra day delayed back.
Kenneth wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 am
I still have not had ANY response about a refund, no communication at all.
Vidiot wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:59 am
Every day I am loosing more and more faith that I will ever receive what I paid for. :(
By now I would expect to see more people posting photos and making youtube videos showing the kits they have received. I hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to feel like I have been had.
.jan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:10 am
2-3 weeks ago I've written Ritch an email with exatly that suggestion. That I would like to cut the case by myself and therefore get my order earlier - the mail is still unanswered.
Now I'm happy I got my money back through a paypal case (witch he also never replied to).
Maybe I will order again if there are leftover kits with a foreseeable shipping time. But maybe I have finished my own design until then..

the situation is starting to get really shaky....
and is NOT going to be getting any better if people are starting to panic or escalate issues....
(but this is NOTHING against the patron/backers/buyers, they are well within their rights to do as they see fit)

(this has ONLY been caused by the lack of communication from Galaxy Gaming, its like hes buried his head in the sand...)

its always best to give people the benefit of the doubt.....
(but Galaxy Gaming lack of communication is making it really hard.... he need to man up and just be upfront)

BUT....

as PAYPAL has frozen/put on hold his account (this is ALWAYS for 180 days/6 months).....
(this is normally done either because their has been irregular activity on the account maybe a influx of orders, or there been a influx of queries or concerns/reports raised)
unless he has the funds/monies he will NOT be able to issue a refund (but he should have responded to all claims)....
as he has already stated that he is now apparently funding everything from his day job (9-5 full time)....
now unless he has a reasonable amount left over after his living expenses have been used up/deducted...
hes NOT going to be able to issue refunds and/or post/dispatch these order in any reasonable quantities (this all has to come out of that, possible lack of cash flow)

(average postage per item could be around £3-5 maybe more, you do the math, multiple that by tens could be £60-80 a week that he doesn't have)

i'm NOT here telling people how to do things, but he could man up and get a loan to cover these expenses if that is the case (but can he get a loan, is that even the case)

(but if he's buying CNC machines, there could/must be some cash flowing around :? )

Any one looking to claim via the UK County Court system....
GOOD LUCK....
I'm NOT here to put people off doing that....
but its NOT as a straight forward process as just paying the £35 fee....

even if you are awarded in your favor
(pretty high chance, as he might NOT even respond to that either... you'll win in his absence)
you still have to get the money from HIM (the court does NOT pay you loses) ....
its either him paying you or you instructing bailiff/sheriffs to reclaim/recoup the money
(and if he doesn't have it, you ain't getting nothing)

Now if were still giving him the benefit of the doubt....
(which is EXTREMELY difficult, and most have already lost faith in him... its his own doing)

raising REPORTS with PAYPAL doesn't help this situation (especially as the account apparently is on hold/frozen)....
but i'm NOT going to tell people NOT to do that, I appricaite it that for most time is nearly running out...
(YOU do what best for you)

NOW....
(still giving the benefit of the doubt)....

there could be issues with the boards/kits that have arisen but he doesn't want to say (slightly possible, but i doubt it)

there could be a lack of funds, and he is NOT able to ship everything in larger quantities or issue refunds (very possible)

there is a overwhelming amount of cases to be prepped/modded and this is taking time causing delays (slightly possible/most probably NOT)
(they/he know when all the orders came in how many cases needed to be prepped/modded, this should have been started from the get go once peoples money had been taken.... MORE IMPORTANTLY other members have also offered to assist in this process and haven't been taken up on their offers.... this CAN'T be the main stumbling block)

or (NOT giving him the benefit of the doubt)

Hes just burying he head in the sand.....
someone that cant handle the slightest of pressures or be man enough to deal with issues head on...
(as least communicate, we're NOT living in the 1900s where you have to send a telegram, everything is instant and only takes minutes)

worst still....
hes lost all interest (become dishearten, that's being extremely fair to him)....
PAYPAL have frozen the funds so he has NO financial incentive to see this through (until that is resolved)

even worst....
PAYPAL hasn't frozen the account, and this has just been a delay exercise to make the buyer protection run out
(I sincerely hope this is a far fetched scenario/accusation)

(But if this was the case.... WHY order all the boards and other items.... )

I WOULD STILL SAY....
ALL (OR MOST) OF THE MEMBERS OF THIS COMMUNITY START OUT WITH THE BEST INTENTIONS AT HEART
I DOUBT HE SET OUT TO RIP PEOPLE OFF.....
(thats not to say he has ripped people off, or intends to.... theres still time to come good on all this)

HE JUST NEED TO MAN UP

Jo.Ckel

Post by Jo.Ckel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:49 am

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 am
Jo.Ckel wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:26 am
I'm still waiting as well. I contacted Rich various times via mail, via PayPal, via Instagram.
No more replies until now and I haven't got any informations yet if I will ever receive my Pocket Pi FE Kit + Mintypi Battery or not. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wait, he hasn't shipped your mintyPi battery either?

No, not yet. I'm still waiting for both.....
So both projects are set aside :cry: :cry: :cry:

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 am
even worst....
PAYPAL hasn't frozen the account, and this has just been a delay exercise to make the buyer protection run out

I'm worried now. My 180 days customer protection from PayPal is expiring in less than 2 weeks.
And probably for everyone else in tier 3 at the end of this month.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm

A comment from Rich on facebook 3 hours ago:
Attachments
facebook_comments_gg.png
facebook_comments_gg.png (44.19 KiB) Viewed 21606 times

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Heedermann wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm
A comment from Rich on facebook 3 hours ago:
I don't understand what he's saying here. He made a post on the forums (he didn't) and forgot to post it on Facebook? Or He attempted to make a post on here but it didn't save/post?

I completely understand the whole "I have a day job and time is scarce at home" but really, a few minutes is all it would take to post on here every day or two. That's not asking much.
ImageImageImageImage

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:51 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am
Rich, I've spoken to Bluup in detail and have come to learn that your role in this endeavor is cutting / drilling the cases and shipping orders. Bluup hand soldered the boards and fulfilled getting the other ones fabricated. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around waiting for 10 months for some cut cases... Can you elaborate on what's holding your end of the deal up here?
Just on this, Rich was responsible for getting the boards fabricated, don't mean to steal credit for that :). I've just seen his update, it should be on tonight. He was still doing kits over the weekend I believe.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm

In response to Veterans post above, I didn't want to quote it as it's a long post, but I did want to chime in on the PayPal situation. I don't know it fully but I know it is frozen so the money is there, it's safe, it's just inaccessible. I'm not sure if refunds can be issued whilst it's frozen though.

smarm

Post by smarm » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Bluup, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Thanks for trying to be the face of this mess.