[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
smarm

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by smarm » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:42 pm

galaxygaming wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi all,

Update time :), I got 23 kits out this last shipment and those who are receiving them will have emails with the notification.
The CNC router I got set up and Bluup kindly helped me with the plotting code is working really well :) The code for the back of the shell isn’t quite ready yet as it’s a lot more complex so I’m still doing those by hand, but with the front parts being taken care of by the CNC machine this is making things loads faster! The spare boards I put up has also been a huge help towards the postage costs while the paypal is unavailable, so If anyone on here did grab some thank you!

With the CNC machine now going and the postage help from the bare boards I’m hoping to get a lot more out now over the coming weeks / month. Again if anyone does want to speed up getting their kit without the cutting done to the case, drop me a message with your order number and I shall sort that out for you.

I know some have mentioned there aren’t many build pictures, I think it’s because those on the forums make up a subset of the orders and hopefully more of you will receive them and start posting your builds!

Thanks again for the patience

Rich
Sorry, did the section on refunds not post as well Rich?

Still not fulfilling orders in which they were placed?

Shame my paypal protection finished 4 months ago...

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:11 pm

I think I've mentioned it before, I believe the orders are out of order due to the packages of shells and buttons, it's quicker to cut multiples of the same shell colour than switch between batches. I know it's no consolation but at least it's an explanation.

Zero101

Post by Zero101 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm

I understand the benefits to Rich of going out of order with fulfillment, but as a customer, it really sucks.

There is the principle of it: feeling like you made the effort to get in on the first round but you end up getting your product after people who didn't even order until the third round? How is that fair? In very real terms, you are punishing the people who were the earliest supporters because they are likely to have the longest wait.

And then there is the practical issue of just not having any idea of when the product will arrive. I'm an 18XX order number, so in theory I should be next in line to get my kit. But since there is no discernible mechanism for figuring out the order, I could be at the back of the line. I just have no way of knowing if I am weeks away from my kit or months.

And Rich, while I appreciate the update yesterday, it didn't really say much. We still don't know what is going on with Paypal or the refunds. "I’m hoping to get a lot more out now over the coming weeks / month" How many? How long until they are all shipped? You've shipped 23 kits... is that in total or just this last shipment? You can't really over-communicate at this point. The more information the better, and the "things are great!" message is lacking.

smarm

Post by smarm » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:21 am

Bluup wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:11 pm
I think I've mentioned it before, I believe the orders are out of order due to the packages of shells and buttons, it's quicker to cut multiples of the same shell colour than switch between batches. I know it's no consolation but at least it's an explanation.
It’s an explanation that doesn’t fly in the face of the evidence I’m sorry Bluup. It appears based on posts there have been orders either side of mine, that have the same shell color (classic dmg) That have shipped.

Ignoring the fact the shells should have been cut whilst the external delays were happening, this excuse of fulfillment based on color is frankly bs.

Rich?

pozooo

Post by pozooo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:50 am

At this point everything has gone terribly wrong but i don't think we get any more value by panicking and shouting Rich. I think he should already know. Too much optimism ("Innocent little white lies") have piled into one big mess. He should now answer his mails and openly plan out how he's going to finish up these orders. I see a short term plan but i still can't figure out from this when i'm gonna get my tier 3 order? this this year, next year?

I still think the orders should be fulfilled by order but i don't mind getting my 22xx order as fast as possible.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 am

Rich is ignoring the customers questions on getting packages with uncut shells shipped before the Paypal customer protection expires.

He has all the parts there. He doesn't has to cut them. Just package them and ship. This can be done in a few hours.

Since he's ignoring this, the impression gets stronger, that he just waits at home till 3th of July (that's the date, when all tier 3 customer protections expire) and then runs off with the money.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 am

Heedermann wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 am
Rich is ignoring the customers questions on getting packages with uncut shells shipped before the Paypal customer protection expires.

He has all the parts there. He doesn't has to cut them. Just package them and ship. This can be done in a few hours.

Since he's ignoring this, the impression gets stronger, that he just waits at home till 3th of July (that's the date, when all tier 3 customer protections expire) and then runs off with the money.
I've been DMing the people who are unhappy with uncut shells and getting their order numbers which I then collate and send to Rich, he can get those ones shipped quickly, which he is doing. I realise that appears like he's ignoring them but please bare in mind a lot of what goes on goes on in the DMs as order numbers and addresses are needed which is private info. I do see how that looks like people being ignored on top of past communication issues. Thing is he's been open about how long things will take, he said 2-3 months (from memory) last update post, he's updated near weekly (I agree, sometimes late) with how many orders are going out, so far things seem right to what's been said.

Heedermann

Post by Heedermann » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:16 am

Bluup wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 am

I've been DMing the people who are unhappy with uncut shells and getting their order numbers which I then collate and send to Rich, he can get those ones shipped quickly, which he is doing.
He should be able to send those out tomorrow since all parts are there, which just need to be packaged.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:15 am

Heedermann wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:16 am
Bluup wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 am

I've been DMing the people who are unhappy with uncut shells and getting their order numbers which I then collate and send to Rich, he can get those ones shipped quickly, which he is doing.
He should be able to send those out tomorrow since all parts are there, which just need to be packaged.
That's what he's doing, packaging them up, I passed through the order numbers yesterday evening (GMT), so they should be out at the weekend.

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:12 am

So you do check DMs then, you just decide to blank everyone requesting a refund?