#How to Setup Controls for PSX, FBA, NEO GEO for mintyPi v3

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

#How to Setup Controls for PSX, FBA, NEO GEO for mintyPi v3

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 pm

In order to setup the controls for the PSX emulator PCSX-Rearmed and piFBA which handle CPS1/2 and NEO do the following steps.

1. Turn Wifi on using the mintyPi Menu (the Star Button and Left on D-Pad)
2. Go to Retropie Menu and choose Start FTP
3. Use an FTP program to log into your mintyPi (like Filezilla or WinSCP) If you don't know how to do this then best to research on the wiki and forum
4. Download the attachment and extract it somewhere like your Desktop, it should have 2 files and a folder
5. Navigate to the /home/pi/OneForAll folder and drag the monitor_evdev.py into that folder overwriting the current one in there
6. Navigate to the /opt/retropie/configs/fba folder and drag the fba2x.cfg in there
7. Navigate to the /opt/retropie/configs/psx and drag the entire folder called pcsx
8. Restart the mintyPi then redo the controls by Pressing Start and choosing Configure Input
9. Go to RetroPie Menu and choose RetroPie Setup (Start is used to make choices in here)
10 Go to Manage Packages then 3rd option opt then scroll down to 132 pcsx-rearmed, Press Start then choose Install from binary
11. After the install choose the Back option (press Right on D-Pad then Start) a few times till you're back at the main menu, choose Perform Reboot
12. All done!, transfer some Roms/ISO files to the PSX or FBA or NEOGEO folders and when you have the loading menu show pres the X button a few times and choose the first option and choose pifba for FBA/NEOGEO and pcsx-rearmed for Playstation as the Default Emulator.

ENJOY!

File is located here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ntrols.zip

The menu button for the PSX emulator is the button on the Screen Bezel and Start and Select are enter and escape in the menu.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

VeteranGamer

Re: #How to Setup Controls for PSX, FBA, NEO GEO for mintyPi v3

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 am

are the only specific to a mintyPi build....
(and if so what)

or can they be used in other builds that might use the AllForOne

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28 am

It uses the specific version of the OneForAll software that the MintyPi uses but I'm rewriting the standard OneForAll software to be able to do the same, with a few goodies.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:55 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 am
are the only specific to a mintyPi build....
(and if so what)

or can they be used in other builds that might use the AllForOne

If the buttons are setup like the mintyPi is using OneForAll then it won't matter much as it will all work. This can be made to work on other builds as long as you take into account the buttons that build uses and make the appropriate edits.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Feynamn1

Post by Feynamn1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 pm

The Playstation had two more shoulder buttons than the mintypi. How do we handle this with games that use all four shoulder buttons?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Feynamn1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 pm
The Playstation had two more shoulder buttons than the mintypi. How do we handle this with games that use all four shoulder buttons?
two options....

the first one could be a little hit and miss....

First:
imagine that the buttons are there, and just tap the bottom of the tin... (this might not always work)

Second:
just don't play those games... there's plenty others

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Feynamn1 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 pm
Or wait until Bluup has made the new OneForAll available which will have button combos for those buttons. Patience is key and just being able to play PSX on the mintyPi is already a great achievement.

swordfish6975

Post by swordfish6975 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 am

thanks for the instructions but i cant seem to get it to work :(

my mintypi locks up when i try to launch any game with PCSX-Rearmed, have to hard power it off.

edit: using mintyPiv3_20190721.gz base image
edit2: SCPH1001.BIN md5 dc2b9bf8da62ec93e868cfd29f0d067d

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:56 pm

swordfish6975 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 am
thanks for the instructions but i cant seem to get it to work :(

my mintypi locks up when i try to launch any game with PCSX-Rearmed, have to hard power it off.

edit: using mintyPiv3_20190721.gz base image
edit2: SCPH1001.BIN md5 dc2b9bf8da62ec93e868cfd29f0d067d
Is it working now? it does need a BIOS to work properly. The mintyPi or any image used with a Pi Zero should work so not sure where it's hanging on you. You can also try to use the update script for the mintyPi in the RetroPie menu.

swordfish6975

Post by swordfish6975 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 am

Helder wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Is it working now?
I tried from a fresh SD image about twenty times last night, extra reboots in places just in case. Updating before/after installing PCSX-Rearmed, different SD cards, connected to/not to power. BIOS/No Bios. Even once complied PCSX-Rearmed on the device from source instead of binary, same problem.

As its a hang, there is no log file created or any error message to go off :( . At one point I did manage to get in to THPS2 but it was hell intermittent (weirdly seemed to have a higher chance of success if I launched a NEO GEO game first but even then it was like once every 3rd time).
(the other thing ill mention was it was using the HLE bios the hand full of times I got in to THPS2, but this was before I had the correct? SCPH1001.BIN in the bios folder)

I guess that's why i tried so hard to get it to work, THPS2 plays much better when I can get it to launch. lol

Im back to a fresh image with all these steps done but I haven't bothered to install PCSX-Rearmed for now.