Random white screen and restart

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
Crocomire

Re: Random white screen and restart

Post by Crocomire » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi, I am having the same issue. All my parts arrived in October, and I have continuity in all of my joints. I haven’t put it in the tin yet, but I don’t think that is affecting it. Please help. :|

linuxgb

Post by linuxgb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:50 am

bad quality
so i know this kit made in China then shipping to USA
so it didn't test anything then shipping to every order.
Many of my friends have said that the kit does not work properly, for example, it cannot be turned on, it will automatically crash when working for a long time…………。

Crocomire

Post by Crocomire » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Thanks for the input, although I’d like to hope that Helder comes back with a solution.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 am

linuxgb wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:50 am
bad quality
Many of my friends have said that the kit does not work properly, for example, it cannot be turned on, it will automatically crash when working for a long time…………。
The great thing about Helder is that if you have any issues with the kit you can contact him and he will take care of you. Unlike the Chinese cloner on eBay that when you buy a kit from him you're screwed. If you need to see examples of that poor quality Chinese kit, you can take a look at the Discord as recently as of today and see the poor kid who got ripped off.

If you have an issue, contact Helder

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 am

linuxgb wrote: bad quality
This is not a project that is for beginners. Many people fail to see that. It really is not as easy as just soldering a Pi to a board. Testing to make sure the connections are correct is MANDATORY. You have to make sure that the connections are strong. You also need to make sure that there is no bridging underneath the Pi. I have 'repaired' kits that had both missing connections because continuity was not tested. Literally <5 minutes of work from something that was 'broken' to something that works. I have also replaced Pis because they were fried because of bridging.

Sometimes, it's also the Pis fault. Like right now, I am working on a kit that won't turn on. I talked it through with Helder and we determined that it is not his kits fault but the TX pin on the RaspberryPi itself. It's rare, but I have dealt with the Raspberry Pi just being bad.
Do they test every single board that goes out the door? I highly doubt it. It's very time consuming and costly to do.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:42 am

Mod note: deleted off topic statements.