[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
a3k4

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by a3k4 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Helder, this whole PCB project is just awesome. I'm new to building electronics and what you've managed to pull off seems like pure wizardry to me.

I'd like to pre-order 1 all-in-one (shipping to USA). I'm happy to pay in advance if that makes the process easier for you.
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

Nik14

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Nik14 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:56 am

I'm a real newbie when it comes to electronics or/and raspberry, but i want to build this gameboy. So your board would be like a gift from heaven.
Is it possible to use this board with an raspberry pi 3? If it is I would like to preorder one of the "all in one pcb".
Also where can I buy them and when are they avaible?

tent

Post by tent » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:23 am

Helder wrote:Either this weekend or by the following Monday or Tuesday. Roughly a week from now and there will be one with just the audio and atmega for those who don't need the usb hub but those I will have only 10 of them.

This is what the new all in one will look like:

The amp amtel and hub chips and smd resistors will all be coming soldered?
I'm definitely in!

Tent:wq
tent:wq

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:13 am

Helder wrote:Either this weekend or by the following Monday or Tuesday. Roughly a week from now and there will be one with just the audio and atmega for those who don't need the usb hub but those I will have only 10 of them.

This is what the new all in one will look like:

Looks great hoping I can get one before they sell out :mrgreen:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:58 pm

If they sell out I will setup a preorder where people who prepay will get one guaranteed and I will order the total amount of the preorders so no more selling out as I have no real way of gauging the amount of people interested and yes the board will be completely populated so it'll be almost plug and play since you need to solder a few wires to this to make it work.

Also added a wire install for the new audio boards at the bottom of the First Post.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

chiz

Post by chiz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Wow, @helder's board is really hot! People are fighting over it! :D I might as well jump in the fray! :lol:

@helder
I'm thinking of switching to the all-in-one from the audio-only version. Pls PM me how much payment I need to add.

Question on the joystick controller. Will the all-in one come with the ATMega chip pre-programmed to detect the joystick axis movements? It's a small thing that I can work to figure out but just want to know if it will still need some research. Thanks!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:28 pm

chiz wrote:Wow, @helder's board is really hot! People are fighting over it! :D I might as well jump in the fray! :lol:

@helder
I'm thinking of switching to the all-in-one from the audio-only version. Pls PM me how much payment I need to add.

Question on the joystick controller. Will the all-in one come with the ATMega chip pre-programmed to detect the joystick axis movements? It's a small thing that I can work to figure out but just want to know if it will still need some research. Thanks!
I actually have @Wermy trying to code up a self calibrating Analog Stick and hopefully it's done by the time I get all parts in to assemble boards (waiting on the 100 atmega32u4 chips), and boards will be programmed with the joystick code and BootLoader so you can upgrade the code easily through USB.

I'll pm you about the exchange and if you want to throw your hat into the coding all the merrier as this will be all open source code and having options for the community is great.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Spleen21

Post by Spleen21 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:07 pm

With all the rush for these boards i cant remember if i popped my name on the list. Put me down for one please!

Thanks

tent

Post by tent » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 pm

That psp joystick is really cute and I'd definitely like it since I was thinking to put a trackpoint stick (from a lenovo laptop keyboard) into the back of my gbz to better use games that run under scummvm. I already programmed and reversed the pins for trackpoint for teensy 2.o boards in the past so I have that ps2 part ready but now this psp joy really appeals me even more! Will it be something you were planning to put right below the 4 directing cross button?

Again really in for a full controller and will buy a psp joystick as well!!

Tent
tent:wq

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:11 pm

tent wrote:That psp joystick is really cute and I'd definitely like it since I was thinking to put a trackpoint stick (from a lenovo laptop keyboard) into the back of my gbz to better use games that run under scummvm. I already programmed and reversed the pins for trackpoint for teensy 2.o boards in the past so I have that ps2 part ready but now this psp joy really appeals me even more! Will it be something you were planning to put right below the 4 directing cross button?

Again really in for a full controller and will buy a psp joystick as well!!

Tent
I already have my psp joystick ready...... Just not entirely sure where to put it yet. Bottom left or in the back. Even programmed for reverse axis I think it may be very awkward to use it with a finger rather than a thumb. It's already awkward enough for me using the buttons on the back of the case. It greatly impacted my Mario Kart times. Lol