[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
tyler335

Re: [Pre-Orders for batch 3 OPEN] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by tyler335 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 am

Louisiana, USA here. Just got my gorilla glass screen. Awesome work Day. Quality is top notch. Keep up the great work!
Check out my latest GBZ build: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 779#p35779

Image.......Image.......Image

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am

SuperNova wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 am
Hey, do you think you will do another batch of these eventually? They look great!
FireFoxGR wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 am
+1 Here. I think a lot of people would be in for another batch!
@day, please do consider it, disclaimers are there for people to read them!
abrugsch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:40 am
will there be a batch 4?
I'm down for the next batch if you do
@SuperNova, @FireFoxGR, @abrugsch
day has stated a couple times that this was unfortunately the final batch because of the terms and conditions of his manufacturer. I can understand your interest because a) the product has indeed a very convincing quality b) I wouldn't know where to get a top notch gorilla glass custom product to such good conditions. for further reading check this post:
day wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:12 am
[...] These Gorilla Glass are processed by a professional manufacturing plant where usual produced quantity is in thousands of thousands [...]. I managed to have them produce a small batch for me (a few hundred, for transparency) as a "testing batch", and this was supposed to be the last time as they asked me for a very large minimum order quantity starting now, since its a lot of work to start and configure their machinery just for a few hundred of gorilla glass. [...]
full postShow
Hi all,

Thank you for your messages and feedback. I am truly sorry to read that you are disappointed.
I spent a lot of time and energy on that and I thought that the result would satisfy you.

Honestly, the measurements between all batches are the same with a VERY VERY tight margin error (0.01mm). These Gorilla Glass are processed by a professional manufacturing plant where usual produced quantity is in thousands of thousands, they are tested again and again and I can assure you they are all the same size as first batches. I managed to have them produce a small batch for me (a few hundred, for transparency) as a "testing batch", and this was supposed to be the last time as they asked me for a very large minimum order quantity starting now, since its a lot of work to start and configure their machinery just for a few hundred of gorilla glass.
Also, I am quite sure you can feel the quality of the glass and see that it is not a home made thingy. I never received any comments or complaints on that side. I can assure you and promise you the Gorilla Glass are well manufactured.

Despite that, I double checked as well on my side upon receipt, and tested a sample batch with different cases and it is like I said and presented it. It fits and looks amazing. As first batches went well, I also had a previous experience to reassure me that it was a good to go. So I didn't hesitate more and shipped them out to you.
I don't feel I cheated on you, and if you feel so, I want to apologize. I don't feel that I lied neither, and if you feel so, I also want to apologize. I wanted to be transparent from the beginning on the very very few emails I got on first batches regarding the gap. I mentionned it in the post where I presented the batch 3 and when reading the forum you can openely read the feedback from the people and see pictures with the glass.

Nevertheless, as we already discussed many times here, and in other posts, every case is different and have slight differences in sizes, even from original DMG and I couldn't check them all obviously. As this is gorilla glass, I cannot take a bet on producing slightly bigger glass that can still fit the cases as gorilla glass doesnt bend...

I am please asking you to not get too mad at me here. I tried to make this as smooth, efficient, and professionnal as possible (for transparency, it is not my job, I work in healthcare). I can say that I am learning from your feedback and want to find a solution with you.
Asking for refund would honestly kill me. I didn't sell the Gorilla Glass with a margin allowing me to cover that and it would put me out. I even didnt make a profit on that (consider tax, shipping from manufactury to me, then from me to you, enveloppes, fixed price for molds for new colors, paint costs, customs fees etc etc) but this is certainly not the point I think, since I wanted to make something that everyone wanted, and be part of the community.
I honestly want to find a solution with you and I hope we can find one together.

Can you try centering the gorilla glass and see if the gap is less present ? if you have a black version, maybe coloring the part of case where the glass will be glued so that it appears less ? Maybe also try with same cases than people with whom it fits ?

Again, I am really sorry and sad to read these feedbacks, I am begging you to work something out together, I truly think I delivered nice quality gorilla glass and took the challenge on working this out to contribute to the community.

Best,

day

PS : please, if at any time you feel any of my sentence was too harsh, or could be badly interpreted, please consider it is a virtual text and might not retransmit my feelings correctly, I am deeply sorry to read that some of you are unhappy.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 am

ah cheers for that. 34 pages of posts is a lot to trawl through.
Shame, but understandable. however maybe it's time to update the first post with this info ;) at the moment it still says pre-order 3 open... (I knew it wasn't but hadn't seen that this was the last ever batch)

SuperNova

Post by SuperNova » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:40 am

abrugsch wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 am
ah cheers for that. 34 pages of posts is a lot to trawl through.
Shame, but understandable. however maybe it's time to update the first post with this info ;) at the moment it still says pre-order 3 open... (I knew it wasn't but hadn't seen that this was the last ever batch)

Yeah, this basically. I had seen a post of him saying it might be his last batch, but without any explanation. What a shame.

I wonder how expensive an actual 'thousand of thousands' batch would be. I mean it's probably total overkill, but since the glass fits for original DMG1 cases and is a good enough fit for aftermarket cases, with two diffrent boder configurations it could be used in GBZ as well as basic GB mods (frontlight, backlight etc.). Still, if you end up sitting on 100k Gorilla glass screens you're probaby not going to sell through them.

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:40 pm

devsfan1830 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Edit: As a matter of fact I was poking around the forums and saw this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2158

Seems hes using someone else's glass plain glass and made his own vinyl border instead of Day's screen printed version. Check the edges. Gaps! So clearly its not his fault, but either a matter of variations in cases OR perhaps glass is far harder to make it exact. Perhaps its cut hot and shrinks a bit when cooled? To get a perfect fit would be costly iteration which I'm sure Day wanted to avoid to make this stuff remotely affordable. So again. Be glad he did this at all.
i use the standard off the shelve glass screen which is the same size as all the other plastic and glass screens available on the market which are a great fit

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Nice, I'll do that. The only rom hacks I'm really familiar with are the couple that proton Jon had on his channel years ago and the kaizo levels.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:40 pm

jellybelly wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:40 pm
devsfan1830 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Edit: As a matter of fact I was poking around the forums and saw this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2158

Seems hes using someone else's glass plain glass and made his own vinyl border instead of Day's screen printed version. Check the edges. Gaps! So clearly its not his fault, but either a matter of variations in cases OR perhaps glass is far harder to make it exact. Perhaps its cut hot and shrinks a bit when cooled? To get a perfect fit would be costly iteration which I'm sure Day wanted to avoid to make this stuff remotely affordable. So again. Be glad he did this at all.
i use the standard off the shelve glass screen which is the same size as all the other plastic and glass screens available on the market which are a great fit
Oh hey whaddup? LOL. I actually just got my glass covers from Day in today. I can see the tiny gap but its totally easy to compensate for by cutting the case opening accordingly. If you apply this to already modded case then MAYBE I can see there being an issue due to tolerance variation. But I also have a pair of plastic covers from another source that I got before I saw Day reopen orders and I gotta say they're dead on the same size. So I have no idea what the issue is but to me Days covers are identical to plastic aftermarket covers.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm

atamagaokashii wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 am
Just got mine (Ca, USA) and it looks awesome! Just need Dex's battery and I an start my gbz! Thanks Day!
Same here. Hope to god Dex can sort that shipping nightmare out. Seems like no carrier wants to deal with potentially (but highly unlikely) explosive batteries. I'm also still waiting on Kites AIO board. Once that happens I'm off to the races on my GBZ.

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 pm

atamagaokashii wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 am

Same here. Hope to god Dex can sort that shipping nightmare out. Seems like no carrier wants to deal with potentially (but highly unlikely) explosive batteries. I'm also still waiting on Kites AIO board. Once that happens I'm off to the races on my GBZ.
Me three! I am holding out for dex's battery before I have to resort to finding a different battery solution. Luckily I am also waiting for Kites AIO, so nothing but time to kill.

Well just got my screen protector today and I can see the gap but honestly it's not as bad as people initially made it out to be. Sure it would be nice if it flush but even in my original and aftermarket cases the gap is minimal. I included pics so people can see it. Tried to center it as best as possible.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort day. I am please to say I own one of these guys. Just gotta figure out how I wanna adhere it to the case.
Attachments
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG (761.09 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 8937 times
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 8937 times