Lamp Zapper Guide

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
coops375

Re: Lamp Zapper Guide

Post by coops375 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 am

Morning all,

I finally got around to building the lamp zapper :)

Everything works now which is nice, the only problem I have is the straw with electrical tape around the IR LED doesn't really help.

I've even tried aluminum foil around the straw and then electrical tape on top of that, but still had little success. The IR receiver still picks up the IR LED despite not pointing anywhere near it.

Any tips on reducing the directions of the IR LED?

I'll aim to post picks if you want to see them. I'm from the UK so had to do the IR receiver power section a little differently.

Tips - the knock off Arduino boards I purchased had a different pin-out to the FTDI cable I bought which meant they wouldn't program at first.
- cleaning alcohol is great at removing hot glue :)

Rens_tillaer

Post by Rens_tillaer » Thu May 31, 2018 3:55 am

Thanks for the guide. It's great. Quick question though. Do you have a STL file or something from the project box?

ToxyRocker

Post by ToxyRocker » Tue May 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Just found this on youtube and love it. Im going to make my own but i have a little question.
How fast does the arduino boot? Had an idé to add a microswith to the trigger as an on/off switch.
If that is to slow i'm thinking grip safety. Like on a real firearm.

Any thoughts?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 pm

ToxyRocker wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Just found this on youtube and love it. Im going to make my own but i have a little question.
How fast does the arduino boot? Had an idé to add a microswith to the trigger as an on/off switch.
If that is to slow i'm thinking grip safety. Like on a real firearm.

Any thoughts?
Should be very fast, and actually, something I've been meaning to do is make the trigger power it up, use a transistor to keep itself on momentarily, and then cut power, similar to what I did in this project: http://www.sudomod.com/3d-printed-ardui ... -ornament/
ImageImageImageImage