WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
llonden
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by llonden » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Image

This is the Powerboost schematic I tried transferring over to the Retro PSU

One side of the pushbutton is wired to the battery output voltage. The other side of the pushbutton is connected to 1. Enable pin currently grounded by a 100k resistor and 2. GPIO #14 on the Pi.

When you hold down the pushbutton, the battery voltage connects to and turns on GPIO #14, which in turn raises and keep the Enable pin high. The 100k resistor is sufficient enough to keep the Powerboost off when the pushbutton is not pressed, but when pressed, GPIO14 provides enough power to override that 100k resistor and keep the Pi on (from my understanding).

For the Retro PSU, I wired the Retro's Enable line to the same 100k resistor and wired the LIPO +Battery voltage to one side of the pushbutton.

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2882
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Has thanked: 1435 times
Been thanked: 3094 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Helder » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:15 pm

No idea on how to remedy it for this circuit, and you have the battery going to the switch? and from there the battery power goes back to the PSU? so this is like a circuit in between the battery and PSU?

The EN pin on the Retro PSU is indeed a 10k resistor but there is also a 22uf capacitor in line with the battery input going to the EN pin and that might be acting as a buffer and holding a charge longer which is not letting you turn it off as you are expecting.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!


Chat with me and other members


Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.


Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

User avatar
blu3rav3n
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by blu3rav3n » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Can someone please please please write out a detailed outline of how the whole power setup should be. Im talking from micro usb charging circuit to protection board to batteries to step down or how ever this is supposed to go? The Whole Process( pics would be greatly appreciated)! Ive been trying to make sense of this since page one and Im lost as all can be.



If it helps this is what I have part wise

Adafruit Industries PowerBoost 1000 Basic 5V USB Boost @ 1000mA from 1.8V+
POLOLU-2812 Big Pushbutton Power Switch with Reverse Voltage Protect-
8A 7.4V 8.4V 2S Li-ion Lithium Battery 18650 Charger PCB Protection Board
2 18650 5000mah in series
5V 1A Micro USB TP4056 DW01A 18650 Lithium Battery Charging
dc to dc step up/down converter

~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1S-2S-2A-3-7V- ... :rk:2:pf:0
Do I need one of these? Since input can be 5v and then it can charge 2s? Currently I have just a female usb port to step up to 8.3v 1a to the protection board for charging...which isnt the best of setups I know but I dont know any other way.



Ive solder all the wires to the home and power switch and now I see someone is making these boards!! O this would have been sooo nice so long ago!

User avatar
EVE-TECH
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:21 pm
Location: FLORIDA
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by EVE-TECH » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:21 am

VeteranGamer any updates on the missing parts for the board. I'm also looking to revamp my on/off circuity on my wii build, good job btw & kudos to helder.

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 509 times
Been thanked: 896 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:18 am

EVE-TECH wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:21 am
VeteranGamer any updates on the missing parts for the board. I'm also looking to revamp my on/off circuity on my wii build, good job btw & kudos to helder.


i'm still waiting on the Mosfet to turn up (i've got everything else)....

hopefully they'll arrive soon
its just that I had to order them separately (the two Mosfet are from separate sellers)....
and it was the only thing I could order from those sellers (they had nothing else of importance)
so when the orders are around only a couple of $, they get sent the cheapest way....
(I think they're on the slow boat from China) :(


.

User avatar
Marty33
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Marty33 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 am

I wait any infos too :-D

It's hard

And this new PCB ? I have the old version :
Image

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 509 times
Been thanked: 896 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Marty33 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 am
I wait any infos too :-D

It's hard

And this new PCB ? I have the old version :
Image


just a quick update.....

I received all the parts required (actually received them last week)
I've just been so busy, and I hope to have it installed by this weekend and test it out....


Image




.

Mayday
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Mayday » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Just wondering if this controller would work to be able to use the stock LCD in the gamepad?


C$ 11.96 25%OFF | AT070TN90/92/94 7inch VGA 50pin LCD Driver Board LCD TTL LVDS Controller Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xcINlvO

User avatar
VeteranGamer
Posts: 1722
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am
Location: London, UK
Has thanked: 509 times
Been thanked: 896 times

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:50 am

Mayday wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm
Just wondering if this controller would work to be able to use the stock LCD in the gamepad?


C$ 11.96 25%OFF | AT070TN90/92/94 7inch VGA 50pin LCD Driver Board LCD TTL LVDS Controller Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xcINlvO


I think the board itself may/will work....

but if you plan to use it in a Wii U Game pad build...
the your gonna have to strip somethings off...

you may be able to get away with the upright capacitors being as they are...
but the DC, AV and VGA ports will definitely have to have to go...




NB: sometimes trying to save a few dollars just doesn't make sense if you have to do a whole lot of work in the process
(with the possibility of damaging the board to where its useless)


.

Mayday
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Mayday » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:43 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:50 am
Mayday wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm
Just wondering if this controller would work to be able to use the stock LCD in the gamepad?


C$ 11.96 25%OFF | AT070TN90/92/94 7inch VGA 50pin LCD Driver Board LCD TTL LVDS Controller Board
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/xcINlvO


I think the board itself may/will work....

but if you plan to use it in a Wii U Game pad build...
the your gonna have to strip somethings off...

you may be able to get away with the upright capacitors being as they are...
but the DC, AV and VGA ports will definitely have to have to go...




NB: sometimes trying to save a few dollars just doesn't make sense if you have to do a whole lot of work in the process
(with the possibility of damaging the board to where its useless)


.
Yea that was the plan.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests