Key Combos

Having trouble with your mintyPi build? Post your questions here!
sudocool

Key Combos

Post by sudocool » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Sorry if this is on another post, I tried to find it on the forum and google. What is the best way to change the action for the function button on the screen. Currently it makes the rom fast forward, I'd rather it be the save state/load state function wermy demonstrated in his video.

Thank you

LilTrublMakr

Re: Key Combos

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 pm

The one next to the screen alone is save state and then function (controller half) + the button next to the screen will load the previous save state.

sudocool

Post by sudocool » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:54 pm

What you are describing is what I would like to happen. The current situation is the screen button causes the rom to fast forward. I havent altered any configs or input. Its a fresh install

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:21 pm

It should be the other way around. Did you check your continuity before putting it together? Did you use flux? If you did, is it no clean flux?
Can we see a pic of your soldering?

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:13 am

I have the same thing and it saves the game and speeds it up. You can stop the speed up by pressing select. I believe Helder said he was going to update the image when I asked him about this over the weekend.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:35 pm

If you're on discord, Helder just put up the how to fix this issue if you can ftp into your build. You just have to replace the config file with the new one.

sudocool

Post by sudocool » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am

Wow thanks so much! I opened it up, started checking continuity, thought I found a missed connection, started trying to reflow the solder, got scared I was about to pull up the pad, and finally chickened out. I will give this a shot as soon as I get back home!

Again thanks to both of you for responding, ill post back with results!